## 15

Unbelievable.

"Damn right it's unbelievable."

Minji popped open the can for Ryuha who couldn't even open her heart to her friend about what she really felt. Everything was too much.

"Sunghoon must be joking."

"Definitely?"

"Minji, you're not helping."

If Sunghoon really was joking then the past days must've been jokes as well. Jake talked to her more often than he did before, he treated her to lunch, they studied physics together and even consecutively gave her vitamins, anxious about her health. If those were not enough proof then what is?

"When was the last time you heard Sunghoon lie? Or joke about someone's feelings?"

"Stop it, Minji!"

"You dummy, listen to me!"

"No! I shall not accept this!"

"Ugh he's clearly into you, Ryuha."

"Who?"

"Jake duh."

"No."

It was like talking to a rock. You can't break through it or penetrate it no matter how loud you sound.

"That's it," Minji has had enough, "I'm leaving you and your stubborness alone. I can't deal with you."

"Of course you can deal with me."

"How'd you know I can?"

"Because," Ryuha started thinking, "simply because you don't sound convincing."

"See, did I sound convincing? No. Did Sunghoon sound convincing?"

"No."

"You're saying no but you're bewildered about Jake's feelings for you because Sunghoon was convincing. Stop lying, geez."

Minji was also confused. She knew for sure that Jake liked Ryuha but the reason for Ryuha to find this fact unacceptable is odd.

"You've liked Jake for so long, Ryuha," Minji held her friend's hand, "Are you overthinking about what's gonna happen after you admit your feelings to him?"

"Who told you I would?"

"Did you tell me you won't? Or are you worried about Sunghoon because..."

Ryuha looked at her with eyes begging for her not to say what she had in mind.

"You like him, don't you?"