Chapter 26

Oliver

THE FACT THAT THE mansion had many flammable objects makes my job so much easier. Even if the people find out it is gasoline, they wouldn't be able to get rid of it in time once a single spark is lit. I've drenched all fifteen gallons of gasoline on sofas, carpets, cabinets, curtains, beds, and so on.

And now, I'm done with my last bottle, pouring it all over the library. As a bookworm, it's horrifying to see these books in such conditions, especially when the pages get so soggy that they rip apart. But it needs to be done.

Thankfully, I had the brain to bring along a mask, shall the gasoline scent become too strong. I was handling just fine for the first six gallons, but then I started getting dizzy, and that's when the mask was upon my face. And it feels better.

I got to say, this mansion looked awesome. It reminds me of Batman's Wayne Manor. Exactly like it. I've ventured into the sauna room, the library, the indoor swimming pool, the dining hall, the gym, and every bedroom, which looked majestic with their king-sized beds, gold railings, wine-red walls, and white fur carpets, and bathrooms larger than my kitchen. It is also creepy that certain rooms had 3D animal heads on the wall and horrifying carpets of a bear with its mouth open. Though they are dead, it felt as if they'll bite my fingers off shall I put my hand in their mouth.

It's a shame this whole place will go down.

I tossed the empty bottle aside and made my way out of the library. As I reached for the doorknob, someone else had already twisted it from the outside and pushed it open. It was too late for me to seek cover, and I stood frozen when two guys twice my size walked in, locking the door.

I swear, they looked vaguely familiar. Especially the bald one. I felt like I've seen them before.

"We got you now!" The bald guy caught my arm. The way he gripped my arms was when everything came flooding back to me. I turned to face the other guy and confirmed these two were the same drunk men I came across the night Daniel released me.

"Unhand me at once. I'm the waiter," I faked a British tone.

"Please," they weren't convinced. "We've hired fourteen waiters. They all wore the uniform we provided, and yours is identical, sure, but it's missing the most important element. Our logo."

Fuck! I had forgotten entirely that these assholes had a grim reaper logo on the right shoulder of their shirt.

"So, you're the one who's been pouring gasoline all over the place," he gazed at the empty bottle on the floor and back at me. "Sorry to rain on your parade, but I don't think you'll succeed. The boss has caught your friend, and now, we got you."

"Now, take off that bloody mask!" The other guy with dyed green hair wearing a crop top pulled my surgical mask as I felt the straps detached and stung the back of my ears. My face is exposed.

"Wait a minute," his fingers snapping. "I've seen you before."

Shit.

"He's the kid whom the Red Demon saved that night!" He pointed with his eyes on baldy.

Baldy had his eyes on me as if he was searching for something.

"That voice, your arms," he squeezes my arms like there's gold in it. "You are that kid!"

"Did you know that we lost our boss because of you?!" Green-headed said. "Your boyfriend killed our boss!"

Whoa... that slim twig was their boss. These two had a better chance of being a boss than him. Given their size and height. And perhaps, fashion sense. That dude could've passed as a sidekick or a servant.

Baldy started touching me inappropriately, that I felt scared. I tried to remain still so I wouldn't cause more problems and catch attention before Daniel could complete his mission. My eyes glanced at the pocket watch on the desk and showed there was half an hour left before we'll meet back outside.

I tried my best to remain calm as he groped my butt while I reached for my pocket where my gun was. It wasn't there. I panicked even more when I felt the cold metal pressed against my cheeks.

"Looking for this?" The green-haired guy slipped the gun out without me realizing it. "Naughty boy."

"What do you say we avenge the boss?" They exchanged looks.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I kneed baldy in his balls in a blink of an eye, causing him to loosen his grip and run towards the door. Before I could reach, green-haired dude stood in my way with the gun held towards me, loaded.

"Don't make me pull the trigger," he said with a devious smile. "Be a good boy and take off your clothes."

"Go to hell, asshole."

I felt a heavyweight thrown against my back as I crashed face flat on the floor.

"Try that again, I dare you," he hissed. His hands ran around my body, and somehow, I couldn't move. It's as if I'm going through sleep paralysis while awake. I couldn't feel my hands but the tips of my fingers. My body felt heavy as I tried to move around, but nothing worked. My legs supported my body, but they won't move.

"Where were we before your boyfriend came to the rescue?"

They dragged me over to the desk where green-haired dude stripped me down, detaching every button on the shirt when he forced them open. I felt powerless when my body wouldn't cooperate. I'm frightened, and there's nothing I can do.

I started crying when baldy got to his knees and groped my parts.

My body became a toy for these two to play with as they pinned me against the table. In my mind, I kept thinking of the possibility of Daniel lighting up this house with not only everything burning down but with me, too. Well, a dead me. I kept apologizing to Daniel as if telepathy were a thing. If I could, I would've called him now.

Then again, perhaps I don't need him because in front of me lies a pen. I think I lost my mind when I picked it up and jammed it into baldy's head, looking like a fucked-up unicorn. His grip loosened once again, and rather than running to the door, I picked up the gun laying close by and instantly shot it multiple times.

I didn't stop to see if I got them, as I opened the door and ran as fast as possible. When I got out, I remembered I was on the third floor, and this was Daniel's last stop. If I remember correctly, he's in the last room by the end of the hall.

I ran without giving a damn. Only my boxers were on. I'm nearly naked as the visions of baldy and green-haired dude assaulting me. Just the thought of it broke me down, and never have I found myself in this situation, especially while I'm running. It's like a twisted Cinderella when she ran from the prince. Only she left her glass slipper while I left my dignity back in that room. Or, more like they stole it from me.

As I got closer, I felt relief when I saw the room open, thinking Daniel was still in there.

"Daniel!" I barged in, only to find myself surrounded by more men larger than me, but Daniel was in the same room this time.

"Ollie!" His eyes ran all over me. "Your clothes..."

The amount of relief and fear I sensed the minute I found him was overwhelming that I couldn't find my words. I was baffled, and no one could understand my words. I don't understand a thing I'm saying.

"Welcome!" The overdressed man raised his hand as if he were a pastor praying. "You've arrived just in time for my son to kill you."