Chapter 11

~~~~RHYSAND~~~~

The inner circle sat in silence, processing the information Rhysand had just told them. 

Loki Brekker is Nyx's mate. 

Nyx was outside beating the ever-living shit out of finch, or as he liked to call it training. He had been in a foul mood since returning early from the ball. He found his mate, his parents knew who she was, and now they were seated together discussing whether they should tell him. 

"She's dangerous, you felt it too Rhys. That darkness that surrounds her. We can't tell him, he'll go after her." Mor said after taking a deep gulp of wine. 

"He'll find her eventually. I know better than anyone that keeping secrets about a mating bond never ends well." Feyre added, referring to Rhysand keeping the bond a secret. 

"If she's that dangerous wouldn't it be better to have her as an ally?" Cassian contributed. 

"Or if she's that evil, she'll kill Nyx to rid herself of the attachment." Nesta countered. 

"Fine... we don't tell him. If they find each other again... so be it. But for now, we keep this information close." Rhysand announced, always willing to make the hard decisions.

"I don't like this... And what of what the suriel said. It said Nyx would need her in the coming days." Feyre said but no one knew how to answer.

"What is it about this girl that is so terrible Rhysand? " Amren asked with interest. It was rare for the High Lord to be so utterly intimidated and it interested her. 

"None of you, besides Feyre and more, met the girl. I can't explain it. All I know is that this woman. can. not. be. High. Lady... Let alone my son's mate... Az have you found anything on her? an age? a history? anything?" Rhysand turned his attention to the shadow singer watching as frustration took over his features. 

"Nothing. My spies are all found within the hour of their arrival. Her shadow singer, Inej, has blocked every shadow I send. I can't get in to get any information. We are flying blind." Azriel hated when he couldn't do his job. He feels like he fails his family with each failed attempt. 

"...Then we do nothing for now... Keep your mental shields up, Nyx can't be able to know his mate."

~~~~~~NYX~~~~~~

"...Then we do nothing for now... Keep your mental shields up, Nyx can't be able to know his mate."

They knew. They damn well knew, who she was and they voted against telling him. 

If they wouldn't tell him anything he would just have to do it himself. So, like a true Archeron, he took off to catch a suriel. 

It didn't take long to find one. As if the Suriel had been waiting for him, excited to turn his world upside down just to see what happens. 

"Hello, son of night. So brave of you to come out all on your own." The suriel crooned. 

"Who is my mate?" He wasn't wasting time bantering with the Suriel. He refused to waste any time he could be spending with his mate. A mate he didn't even know the face of. 

A wide wicked smile took over Suriel's grotesque face, "Your mate is the Queen of thieves, the bastard of the barrel, lady of liars... Your mate is Loki Brekker."

Horror and excitement shot through Nyx's heart. Loki Brekker is my mate. The terror made even his parents nervous. The monster who found the book of breathing in three days when they couldn't for weeks. 

Those cold steel eyes haunted his every waking moment. He thought about that ash blonde hair that looked nearly white hidden under a silky black hood. He didn't know her face, but he already wanted to paint her. 

Paint her steel eyes right next to his family's on the walls of the mountain cabin, pain her silvery blonde hair on every canvas. 

The best part. He knew exactly where she was. 

Ketterdam.

~~~~~~LOKI~~~~~~

"Loki you are starting to worry me. Why do we need to find a suriel so badly?" Inej asked as she tried to keep up with Loki's unyielding pace through the woods. 

"I just have a question or two. Go back to the Club and find us a job for me to do when I get back. I'm itchin' and I need to get my mind off something." Inej had never seen Loki this frazzled. 

Whatever happened in the Day court had put Loki Brekker on edge and it was stressing the rest of the crows out. 

"No mourners."

"No Funerals."

Inej nodded fading into her shadows to find a job to ease Loki's restlessness.

It didn't take long to find one. As if the Suriel had been waiting for her, excited to watch her world upside down. 

"Hello, queen of thieves. Loki Brekker." The suriel crooned.

"How do I get rid of a mating bond without hurting him?" Loki shot right to the point. 

"You can't. Especially not someone like you, half-blood." Loki watched the excitement fill the busy body Suriel's eyes as he revealed the unrequested information. 

Suriel always did love to cause drama.

"What do you mean Half-blood?" Loki asked, keeping her voice hard as stone. 

"What do you know of your parents, young one?" The suriel asked. Loki could almost feel the wicked excitement rolling off of it. 

"Nothing. My mother died in childbirth, I have no clue who my father is. But let's get to the point, you want me to know so just tell me. Who are my parents?" Loki rolled her eyes at the obviousness of the creature. 

"Your mother was a fae of Hybern known as Odalia. She was rather insignificant, a barmaid. The interesting part of your heritage lies with your father."

Loki almost didn't want to know. Cauldron, with that creepy smile, it made her expect the worst. 

"Your father was a prisoner along with his siblings. They were allowed out to fight in the war. Two of his siblings died but your father, he escaped to Hybern." 

She didn't want to ask. She didn't want to know.

But if the suriel, the god of all gossips, thought it would be interesting for her to know she would have to ask. 

And so she steeled her every nerve.

She pushed down every feeling into that darkness in her mind and she asked...

"Who was he?"

"Your father was a death God... His name was Bryaxis." 

.