I can't sleep

Word Count 906 (this oneshot has me soft :') )

Aaron Z

Sparks came to life as the stage was quickly torn apart. Screams and cries filled the stadium while fans ran for their lives, trampling each other and tearing one another down in a desperate effort to escape. Tae young was curled in a ball and sobbing. Robaire was shouting at the band to hold onto their harnesses. They'd planned for accidents but no stage manager could ever anticipate an event like this.

He'd always thought he loved animals such as bears, but after seeing the furry giant peak through the sky dome's roof, he didn't know how he could see one ever again. He could smell the giant red panada's foul breath. He could feel his nerves and adrenaline come alive. He shook all over with anticipation and fear.

The animal opened its mouth and let out a blood-curdling scream before lashing out and swiping a clawed paw across the dome. The roof and walls came tumbling down over their heads and Z let out a scream as his harness came loose and snapped. And then he was falling.

Even as he fell out of sleep his body shook. Z bolted awake with a whine, his fingers moving to grip the sheets around him. They clung to his clammy skin, soaking in the sweat that left his body. Z lifted the back of his shaky hand to his eyes and scrubbed his tears away, looking around his bedroom to see that he was still in bed. It was just a dream, yet the scene was so vivid in his head. It was as if he relived the moment.

He didn't know what to do. Z couldn't go back to bed, he didn't want to. The last thing he wanted was to dream of the large red panda again. If he did, he knew that he'd go mad. Still, sleep tugged at his eyes but he didn't dare lay his head on his pillow. He could still see the red panda before his eyes. Its angry growl haunted his dreams.

Z slid out of his bed. He rubbed his eyes once more before easing out of his bedroom, his hands holding onto the hallway walls as he made his way across the dormitory. He didn't know why he went to Aaron T's room. Maybe it was because T was his best friend or maybe he just had the closest room to his. T's door was left open- he preferred it that way but the rest of the band thought it was weird. He slipped inside and looked around, wondering what he was doing there.

What was he going to do- ask T to sleep with him as a child does to their parent? He knew that T wouldn't judge him, but the thought that he could made his stomach churn with nerves.

He cleared his throat but his voice came out in a defeated squeak. He flexed his fingers as he hovered over T, his throat going dry at the thought of how creepy he seemed to look. T stirred. He turned in his bed, letting out a small breath and facing Z.

"Tee?" Z whispered. His friend's eyelids slowly fluttered. He anticipated seeing his friend jump or curse at the sight of a man in his bedroom but only a smile found its way to his face.

"Hey," T responded, his voice dripping with drowsiness. Z felt his heart flutter at the sound. The deepness in his tone was enough to send heat to his cheeks.

"How'd you know it's me?" He asked him. From under his comforter, T's hand snaked out and latched onto the edge of his pajama shirt. He tugged it lightly before giving a drowsy shrug. Z stood there for a few hesitant moments, wondering if asking what he wanted to ask was okay.

What would he think? Would he even care that Z had a nightmare? Would he think of him as any less manly for trailing his way to his best friend's room for comfort? Z knew how the incident affected T, but he seemed to be coping with the trauma a lot better than he was.

T let his hand fall from his shirt but Z quickly caught it with his own.

"Tee," he said slowly. "Can I-? " Aaron T hummed as if to ask him to explain what he meant. "Can I lay here?" He asked.

A small smile made its way to his lips and he gently shoved his covers aside. He scooted over to make room for Z, opening his arms. "C'mere," he murmured to him and Z did. He eased onto the bed until T was able to pull him into his arms and wrap them around his torso.

Z enjoyed how his best friend welcomed him and the smell of cinnamon and maple that engulfed him like his arms. He nuzzled into the crook of T's neck and inhaled his scent deeply, allowing it and his warmth to calm his nerves. Next to T, he felt at ease. It was as if he were safe and nothing could hurt him.

As his eyes grew heavy and he found himself fading off to sleep, he felt T's hand go to his hair. Z was much too tired to care- he liked it anyway. T must have sensed that because he leaned forward to press a soft kiss on his forehead.

"It's okay" he whispered softly. "I'm here." By then, T's words didn't sound real. Z thought he was dreaming.

Thank you for reading!!! Don't be shy!! Send suggestions if you have any :))