Chapter 5 - In the van

Geoff shoved me in the back of a van, slammed the boot closed, then climbed in himself, as swiftly and unbothered as though he had kidnapped an Earth clan girl a million times before. Calvin got in the driver's seat. Geoff, Brock and a man with scary eyes that were almost black clambered into the back with me. Brock grabbed a roll of duct tape. What was that for? The clock on the dashboard read: 10:23PM so  I guessed most people were in bed.

I took in a deep breath and screamed as loud as I could, wishing someone would wake up and look out their window. The van shot forwards, and I was sent tumbling into the boot door. The track was bumpy, and I guessed we were driving through the in-between.

"Brock! Son! Hurry up!" Geoff slapped Brock in the back of the head. He cowered for a moment, inspecting me fearfully, then scooted backwards, handing the duct tape to his dad.

"Just get it over with, Geoff! The black eyed man yelled. Calvin didn't take his eyes off the road as we rocketed off at a pace that was surely breaking the speed limit.

"I am, Blaye!" Geoff called back. Geoff, Blaye, Brock, Calvin. I needed to gather as much information as I could for when I got back home. If I got back home. No. I couldn't think like that. The second someone opened the boot I would be off, and I was a much better fighter than Calvin if he tried to stop me. The only person with a chance at stopping me was Geoff, with his huge muscles.

The sound of duct tape tearing away from the roll brought me back to my senses. Geoff wrapped it around my legs quickly and efficiently. I kicked as hard as I could, landing a blow on his shoulder. I didn't see Geoff hit me, I just felt myself fly. My back slammed into the boot door, and then I collapsed forwards. When my tilting vision straightened I found myself face down on the floor. I tried to get up, but my limbs were like jelly. Pain battered the entire left side of my face, head and back. Wow, that man could throw a punch. 

"Brock! Blaye! HELP ME!" Geoff bellowed. The pain tightened, and I heaved, feeling like I wanted to vomit. In my state of shock, Brock managed to press a knee into my back, pinning me to the floor. Blaye leaned his hands on my shoulders. I beat at his arms, screaming uncontrollably. I was not going down without a fight. Once he was finished with my legs, Geoff barked something at Blaye, and the man's hands flew to my wrists. I tried to fight him off, but I still felt woozy and weak, like I was just going through the motions. Was it really only a few hours ago I was harvesting carrots with Ivor, not a care in the world? Geoff taped my hands behind my back, winding the duct tape so tightly I felt my hands going red with the pressure. I had no chance of breaking out of that.

"If you stop screaming, we won't have to tape your mouth!" Brock said hopefully. I howled in response. Geoff slapped a length of tape on my mouth. I tried to force my mouth open, but the pain brought tears to my eyes. He leaned back and laughed in the sudden silence.

"That was ripping! You know, most people in the kidnapping business use expensive sedatives, but I like to do it the good old fashioned way!" Geoff punched Brock in the shoulder playfully, but Brock just stared at the ground, slumped against the side of the van. Not getting the reaction he wanted, Geoff turned to me, a grin on his face. He pinched my chin between his thumb and finger. Vomit rose in my throat once more, but I forced it back down, stomach churning.

Geoff seemed determined to chat like he was on a picnic, not kidnapping girls. 

"She's a fighter isn't she? Even beat the boss himself!" Calvin's eyes flicked to the wing mirror as he stared daggers at Geoff.

"Don't talk about your leader that way ever again." Calvin said in a dangerously low voice.

"Yes, boss." Geoff muttered, looking like he had been doused with a bucket of water. I smirked. Calvin didn't have all  his warriors under complete control. There would always be rebels.