Memory Core~

Mom refused to let me out of the house the following day, it was a perfect opportunity to laze around and see who had memories of smaller Michi from the Memory Core feature. Most were from family members, I watched how Michi was sent to hospital on multiple occasions, and how often she stayed at home. But then I came across Kazutora's memory so I clicked on it and watched it.

"Yo! Twin!" Oh yes, he did say I called him my twin, didn't I? I apparently reached out a stuffed animal to him while saying.

"Let's play." I smiled, but he refused, but apparently, that didn't stop me from being really annoying and begging him to play with me.

"I see... I can't take no for an answer." Or that's how the system made it seem. Next, I scrolled around, there were also memories of people like Michi's grandparents. So far I didn't have the chance to meet them. I looked at the memory and saw fields filled with sunflowers, but also corn, then I realized even if it was their core memories of me, everything was played from my perspective. Did the system want me to watch everything to know what to answer if someone asked about certain topics I was supposed to know about?

"Omg if I visit my grandparents here I can run around the cornfield? Awesome!" Then I looked further down and saw a memory from Kakucho? What was this guy doing here?

"Do I dare see it?" I decided to go for it. Evidently, it was a memory of us being something like childhood friends? What kind of cheesy fan fiction was this system trying to write now? I clicked play.

"When I grow up I'm going to marry you!" I think I gagged at how unexpected a turn this took, at least it wasn't me that said it. I just took the flower Kakucho was holding.

"I will earn enough money to keep you healthy." I couldn't do anything but put my hands into my palms, sighting at how stupid this was. I guess the system planted this memory into his head making it seem like it happen before he became an orphan.

"Poor guy, the system fooled around with him like this, should I at least bring him flowers and apologize?" Yes, his brain was messed with, but I was convinced that no matter what romance plot the system built for him, his only love was Izana.

"But if Takemichi was his childhood friend and I was his childhood friend, does it mean I theoretically met Takemichi before?" I tried to find his name, which I did. I clicked on it, but it was only a short clip of us being neighbors? But we never really spoke to each other beyond that point. Wait did it mean that he was living here? But I never saw Takemichi and his friends this whole month I was here. I had to investigate.

I decided to ask for some snacks, so mom brought me peeled and cut-up apples.

"Thank you," I said as she saw how I didn't move from my bed at all.

"You want me to bring you something?" She asked, I glanced at the mangas that I still haven't finished that Ryohei had lent me.

"Can you get me those mangas?" I asked as she handed them over.

"Makes sure to rest, I will be going out to the supermarket." I nodded, deciding to keep watching those videos to see what else intriguing I could find. Once I heard mom walking out the door, I continued my search.

"Let's see if there are any other memories of Kakucho." I clicked on the next clip, but it was just us two having fun as little kids usually did.

"But there is nothing here when he ended up in the orphanage," I told myself realizing that by systems setup we probably lost contact after that. I tried to see if there was Kakucho on my relationship list.

"Oh, his name actually appeared itself here, after the upgrade." I clicked on it and our relationship was described as such.

"Michi never visited Kakucho after he was sent to an orphanage because she was admitted to hospital frequently, the cause being her poor health. Her parents didn't allow her to leave home. Tragically both parties thought the other had abandoned them, and haven't talked to each other since." Oh no, I wouldn't let the system write some stupid tragic drama using me.

"I decided I will meet that tall beanpole and reconcile?"

Next, I decided to see if there were any memories of Kisaki, considering how we went to the same school and class there were bound to be some memories he held of me right? I clicked on the play button but the only memory he had of me was sitting alone and crying.

"Wait why I am crying? Won't he assume that's what I do often?" I caught myself red-handed and had to remind myself that crying often isn't really something to be ashamed of. Did the system think I would get Kisaki to like me if I showed him my vulnerable side? Or did it think that tears could activate his 'I want to protect this person' instincts?

"Let's see if I can find anyone else I recognize." I finally realized there was a search button, so I started to write all the characters' names I could think of. But there were only two guys that fit the bill.

"The Haitani brothers?" I was shaken, weren't they a lot older than me? Why would they meet up with someone that was like 12 or less? I decided to watch the video clip but it wasn't anything I expected. They looked like they were even younger than I ever seem them appear in the manga.

"But if they're so young, what would that make me? A toddler?" I decided to watch it anyway.

"And now I will summon my servants, and have you wiped away from earth's surface, you insolent peasants!" What was I even saying to other kids?

"Darkness will come and swallow you whole because I the most powerful entity on this planet will make you pay for your insolence." why was a toddler talking like an edge lord? I think I saw myself wiping blood from my nose and the two of them running away screaming.

"Demon!" the two Haitani kids yelled while scurrying away.

"I mean this time I don't feel that bad, but what is the system even planning? Is this some kind of horror movie from their perspective?" Was the system trying to make those two psychos fear me?

"I mean there is no way you can write a romance story out of this." I realized.

"The system hates them both, amen for their pitiful souls." Yea it would be probably hard to hang around them, but there is one thing I wanted to do in this lifetime. Play with Ran's braids.

"Let's add it to my to-do list." I nodded and decided to make a mental note of it.

"So I need to get to know where Kakucho is and apologize, do I buy flowers?" Going empty-handed just made me feel like I wasn't sincere enough.

"So how do I get to know where he is." I just knew Taijiku was hanging around Yokohama, but it's not like I wanted to go there without any directions to follow, since he was a famous delinquent there was at least someone that should know which school he was going to.

"I could ask Keisuke, but I doubt he would be keeping track of other people. In this case, I should ask Kisaki if he knows anything about Kakucho." that seemed like a possible plan since he probably had some kind of network of people, that would help him right? I guess the best outcome would be to ask Takemichi's friend, oh no I think I forgot his name, he was after all a walking delinquent encyclopedia. But I still haven't met him, wouldn't it be really awkward if I tried to talk with him?

For the rest of the day, I was just resting and reading mangas, but then another mission popped up, this time it didn't give me any choices to choose from actually it was a more simple mission.

"Schools exams are around the corner, depending on how much percent you get on the test the different rewards you get." What the system meant was that if I perform better I will get more stats and bonus rewards.

"Let's start studying then!" I was pumped to get the most out of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Next time I should draw Senju and Michi together *^*/
Anyone expected this development?