The interview

My feet ache as I will them to go faster. The high heels I'm wearing are not helping as I rush into the extravagant building. It's tall windows reflect my flustered appearance. Note to self, freshen up before you go into the interview.

The click-clock of my heels can be heard as I rush up the steps. Once I reach the doors, I shove one open and step inside. The lobby is very modern. White walls with black accents everywhere. The lady behind the desk smiles at me, whilst I rush towards her.

"Hello, how can I help you?" She asks.

"Um, I'm here to see Mr Turner."

"His office is down the hall on the left."

"Okay, thank you so much."

I walk down the long hallway, until I reach his door. Luckily for me, there's a large mirror outside so I can sort myself out before I meet him. I've heard he's quite a stunner.

Once I've made myself look somewhat presentable again, I knock lightly on his door.

"Come in." He calls.

I step inside. His office is larger than necessary. He sits at a large black desk, behind it a wall of guitars hanging. I spot him fiddling with his cuff links, trying to get them right. He stands up to greet me. I stop, taking in his appearance. His dark hair appears soft to the touch. His expensive suit, also a dark grey. My eyes meet his warm brown ones, making me want to smile. So I do. He reciprocates with a small smirk. His hand reaches out for mine.

"I'm Alex, Turner."

I place my smaller hand in his. He holds it gently, shaking it. He seems to be in a trance, looking at me.

"Y/n. It's very nice to meet you, Mr Turner." I greet him back. "Would you like some help with those?"

"Hmm, sorry?" He asks, back in the room.

"Your cuff links." I smile.

"Oh right. Well, yes please." He chuckles, slightly embarrassed. "I can never do the bloody things right!"

He hands them to me. I take his sleeve, correctly putting them on. His hands are warm, I can feel it radiating off of him. I get this feeling inside of me when our skin touches. He watches how I place the cuff links on his shirt.

"How do you do it so easily?" He questions, amazed.

"You'll have to hire me to find out my secret ways." I giggle.

"Is that right, Miss y/l/n?"

I nod, confidently.

"Well we better get on with this interview then, so I can hire you." He suggests.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This is a short snippet of something I've written. Hope you like it :)