Doing him a favour

I knock lightly on the front door that I knew all too well. Footsteps are heard and then the door opens, revealing a smartly dressed Alex. My heart is pounding.

"Hi." He says, smiling.

I greet him back. To my surprise, he pulls me in for a hug. We linger for a while, until his lips push themselves sensually into my cheek. I pull back and follow him into the kitchen.

"No ones 'ere yet. Make yourself comfortable." He offers, pulling out a chair for me. "Thank you so much for doing this for me. I know it sounds pathetic, but I just can bring meself to tell me mum that we broke up."

"It doesn't sound pathetic, Al. Oh, um. I brought you this." I reply, handing him a bottle of wine.

"Thank you. You didn't 'ave to."

I shake my head. We sit and make small talk for a while, until his mother arrives.

His mum says her goodbyes to me and Alex. Alex stands behind me with his arms wrapped loosely around my relaxed body. The door shuts behind her, but he doesn't let go of me. His lips get dangerously close to my neck and I pull away. I make my way back into the kitchen and help him tidy everything up. He thanks me once we're finished.

"I better get home. It's late." I announce.

"I'm not letting you walk home alone this late. It's chucking it down. Why don't you just sleep 'ere?" He asks.

"Oh no, I can't. I don't wanna be a pain." I refuse politely.

"You're not. I want you 'ere. Trust me."

"Ok."

"Ok?"

"Ok." I nod.

He takes my hand, leading me to the bedroom, and slides open the doors that reveal the familiar room. I stand still and simply look for a while. I didn't know if I'd ever be back here.

"You ok, baby?" He asks.

"Yes. It just feels familiar."

I walk in and stand next to his bed, running my hand over the duvet. He moves to get me something to sleep in and hands me a top of his.

"'Ere, put this on. You'll be more comfortable."
I thank him.

"Want me to turn around?" He offers.

I shake my head lightly.

I slide off my dress and slide on his top. His eyes never leave my body, while mine never leave his as he undresses. He's left in only his boxers. I slide into what used to be our bed as he switches off the lights and then joins me. We lay facing each other, his fingers trailing lightly along my side.

"How 'ave you been?" He asks.

"I've been ok."

"Truthfully."

"Not good. My anxiety has gotten bad at the minute and I don't know how I'm supposed to deal with that without you." I confess.

"Oh, baby. I'm always 'ere. You know that I'll always be waiting for you to come back to me. Whenever you choose to. Always." He whispers the last word with his face close to mine.

"Thank you." I whisper. "Goodnight."

I lean forward and push my lips to his for a goodnight kiss.

"Goodnight."

He kisses me again.

"Mm, goodnight."

I kiss him again.

"Goodnight."

This time we both lean in and smash our lips together...