|| Chapter 34 ||

The tension in school has finally settled. Lily was taken away,and no one would see from her,again.

Philip was in the hospital. But he wasn't in his room. He was with Russia. The student had half his face covered with bandages due to the scratches on his face that Lily had given him.

The two were chatting,preferably staying away from the topic of Philip's kidnapping. It's disturbing,and Russia understands that.

Philip was already getting better. He was fed a lot of food and he drank gallons of water. At one point,the nurse had to stop him from overdrinking.

Friends visited them. Gifts came in everyday. And Philip's family was flying to the academy to check on their youngest.

Ame now had a bandage on his cheek because of the wound he got from the rock,and Nekomi was treated since her head got hit with a shovel,along with Philip's friends.

The Filipino was happy to see Pipa. If anything,the credit goes to her. After all,she was the one who led them to him,following his rescue.

It was a quiet afternoon. Philip sat on the edge of Russia's bed,playing on his phone. Russia was on his phone,too,except he was exploring the spectrum of emojis.

"Hey,so,uh...Russia. I want to tell you something."Phil faltered,fiddling with his phone.

"Hm?What is it?"the latter replied,looking up from his screen.

"Mama and papa got scared when they heard about me getting kidnapped."Philip told.

"Yeah. Who wouldn't?"Russia chuckled.

"Well,that's the thing. They don't want me here anymore."

It was silent for a while. They don't want him here?What's the meaning behind those words?Does he mean...

"You mean..."

"I mean I'm being transferred."Philip finished."Mama called me last night. She said she's planning to enroll me somewhere else."

"...But...I...You..."Russia stammered.

"I'm sorry to surprise you with this. I'm upset,too. But I understand,y'know."Philip said."We can still message each other,though."

Philip's attempt to lift the gloomy atmosphere failed. Russia pouted,and his brows furrowed. He didn't want Philip to be away from HIM.

Something inside ached. Russia tried to ignore it. All he could do was look away. Philip turned to the opposite direction.

He felt a little guilty for throwing the surprising news to Russia,but it was better than telling him last-minute or not at all.

"You'll...still keep in touch,right?"Russia muttered.

"Of course I will."Philip softly replied."I'll make sure I do. Promise."

It was quiet in the room. Russia finally turned his head back,but didn't look at Philip. This time,he was scowling. He looked sad.

No words were uttered for a while. Russia just held Philip's wrist and stroked it with his thumb,feeling where the mark of the chains once was.

"You'll visit some time,right?"Russia mumbled.

"Yeah...Of course I will."

----------- -----------

Philip stood in the airport,carrying his luggages. Perla,Kati,Greg and Martial were there with him.

Indo,Malay,Vietnam and Russia was there to say goodbye,along with a few other people who decided to see the Filipino one last time.

Even Pipa seemed to be crying,letting out whines and whimpers as Philip whispered a goodbye to the dog and pet her head.

Finally,Russia and Philip were left alone for a little while. They sat at a waiting area beside each other. Nothing but silence. Russia hasn't said anything since he arrived. Philip decided to break the silence.

"So...I guess this is goodbye. I'll see you of course,just...I'll be gone for some time."Philip mumbled.

Back to the awkward little atmosphere of theirs. Russia looked like he was spaced out.

"I'm sorry..."

"What?"

"I'm sorry I took so long...I could've prevented this from happening if I didn't just let you go alone."

"Stop. You're blaming yourself."

Russia bit his lower lip to keep any sounds from coming out of his mouth. The Russian placed his head on Phil's shoulder. Philip let him.

"No one could've known that Lily would kidnap me."Philip mumbled.

"I should've known. After all,I used to-"

"Date her,yes. I know,Russia."Philip chuckled lightly."But that doesn't mean you know her to the last follicle. It's not your fault. It's no one's fault. It's just that...life keeps on surprising us."

Russia hummed as he held Philip's hand and gripped it,not wanting to let it go.

"Russia,it's not your fault. Okay?I'll miss you."Philip whispered.

"Please visit us someday."Russia replied,taking the latter's hand and kissing the back of it.

"I will."Philip said,blushing a bit.

Suddenly,the announcer's voice came over the speaker to inform the planes that were supposed to depart soon. Philip's plane was mentioned.

Russia dreaded for this moment to come. His grip tightened,hoping that the flight may get delayed so he could have more time with Philip. But it never happened.

"Well,this is goodbye,I guess-"

"No!Don't. Don't go. Please. S-Stay with me. I promise,I'll protect you this time. Please,don't go."Russia snapped,panic evident in his voice and face.

"Russia,I can't-"

"No,you-you can stay. I swear,I'll keep you safe. I'll help you with anything."

"Russia-"

"Please,I'll do anything for you. ANYTHING. Just stay with me,please..."

Russia's voice thins out,and he was almost sobbing. Yet he didn't let a single tear escape. Still,his eyes glistened. He held onto Philip's hand tightly.

The Russian was about to say something else when he felt something soft on his lips. He felt his heart skip a beat.

Somehow,it felt like a whole minute was stretched,and Russia melted into the kiss. But sadly,Philip had to pull away.

The Filipino was a bit red,but a gentle smile was plastered on his face. He caressed Russia's cheek,comforting the latter.

"Russia,I'm sorry. I can't stay. But that doesn't mean I won't come back. I promise. Somewhere in the future,you and I will see each other,again. And I'll make sure I can stay with you by then. Okay...?"

"...Okay."

Philip's eyes softened,and he smiled,again. Perla was approaching them,and when Phil spotted her,she told him that they'll be leaving now.

Philip looked back at Russia one more time and pulled him close to kiss him on the forehead. They share a hug before they let go.

"I'll see you,again,Russia!I promise!"Philip shouted as he went farther and farther,and finally entering the plane.

Russia stood there,watching from the airport as the plane rolled away on the tarmac and lifted off. At that moment,the sunset shone its rays,making the plane slowly take a dark silhouette.

The Russian lightly touched his lips. A small smile appeared. He slowly let that sad little emotion settle in his mind.

But he trusted Philip. Hopefully,he'll be back one day,and they could stay forever for as long as they lived.