|| Chapter 30 ||

It was starting to warm up. The cold air was starting to pass,and the snow started to thaw. The sun was shining brighter than ever.

The warm atmosphere seemed to have melted the tension in school away,too. Everyone was cheery. It'll be spring soon.

Even though things's have lifted in the school,Ms. Lorraine's crime was still the big talk. Everyone seemed to have cooled down,and was now comfortable enough to chat about it.

Ever since the students calmed down,a lot have been nicer to Philip,since he was technically the reason for the incident.

Philip laid his head on his desk as the warmth started to settle. A calm,peaceful day,despite the rambling and continuous troubles his classmates were doing.

Surprisingly,Indo wasn't a part of it,which is a bit odd because 99% of the time,HE'S the one who starts the chaos.

"Yo?You alright?"he asked,leaning forward on his desk and peeking at Philip,who had his eyes closed.

"Hm."

"Winter's finally coming to an end. Thank goodness. I was gonna freeze my ass off if I had to spend another week with snow."

"Mhm."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...Mhm."

"You aren't listening,are you?"Indo snapped.

"Sorry,sorry."Philip blankly apologized,waving a hand.

"What's up with you?If it's about THAT incident,there's no need to worry anymore."

"It's not about that."

"If it's Russia,I'll leave you alone."

Philip opened one eye and looked up at his best friend with a disappointed face,but looked like he expected it.

"Why leave me alone?"

"Oh,come on,Phil. Everyone knows that if you've got Russia in your head,they have a 0.0000000000000000001% chance of getting your attention."

"What?That's not true."Philip protested,sitting up and blushing.

"Sure. Whatever you say,Lover boy. But just so you know,it's obvious you've got a crush. Heck,maybe even more than a crush....You're IN LOVE."

It's been a while since Philip heard that kind of thing. But he's heard worse,so he quickly recovered and shrugged,accepting the truth.

Sr. Lander finally came and settling down the disaster everyone else made. As a punishment,he made everyone write an essay about what they're expecting once spring arrives,and another essay about what they're planning to do in summer.

Since Ms. Lorraine and Ms. Smith were gone,two new teachers took their place. Although,they're currently under some issues,so a few classes are cancelled for most days.

That's why Philip and his friends were in the cafeteria an hour before lunch. That's where Russia was,sitting with his friends.

"Philip!"Lily called,catching the Filipino's attention."Philip,why don't you come an-"

"Philip!Sit with me."Russia cut off.

"Ah!O-Okay..."Philip hurried over.

He sat down beside the Russian,who seemed quite happy and proud. Philip could feel a glare behind him,but he wasn't about to confront whoever it was.

Indo,Mal and Vietnam joined in. Plus,China and Ame,that makes 7 of them around the table.

"What's up?Philip,right?Hehe. I still remember you."Ame said.

"Hello."Philip sent a nod towards the latter.

"Huh?Is that lemonade?Wait,where'd you guys get lemonade?"

Ame was quickly distracted with the fact that Indo had lemonade. The Filipino could feel an arm wrap around him.

Philip looked behind him,and it was Russia's arm that snaked around his back. He looked up at the Russian,who smiled at him. Philip smiled,too.

"Anyways,how are you feeling,Philip?"Ame asked,chowing down a sausage.

"I'm doing fine,thank you."Philip recited his answer.

Because of the love triangla incident with the teachers,the question was asked more often than it should have. Phil's reply was rehearsed.

The group chatted together while they ate. They stayed after finishing. It felt like a real friend circle.

----------- -----------

Nekomi bumped into Philip on her way to her new classroom. Since she was once in Ms. Smith's class,she was transferred into Philip's.

"Good afternoon,Nekomi."Philip greeted with a smile.

However,the Japanese didn't return the greeting nor the smile. She only nodded and sat down at her new desk. Weird.

Nekomi was wearing a hoodie that Philip guessed was Ame's. She wore her hair in a messy bun,and eyebags were noticable.

"Uh,Nekomi?Are you feeling alright?"Philip asked,sitting down beside her.

"Uh-huh. I'm-I'm fine."she replied,a bit dazed.

After that was silence. Nekomi's eyes were distant,empty,dark. She looked tired. She looked exhausted. And Nekomi seemed to agree when she placed her head down on the desk.

Philip stuck around,watching Nekomi's body as she started to rest.

"You're in danger,Phil."

"What?"Philip asked in a quiet voice.

"I don't know why,but you're not safe. I just have this bad feeling."Nekomi explained.

"Is it because of the incident?"Philip guessed.

"It's not just that,Philip. Something's coming."Nekomi warned,sitting up and lurching forward towards Phil.

The student leaned back and shoved Nekomi away from space.

"How would YOU know?"Philip asked.

"Because this isn't the first time it happened. I've had this feeling before,and I'm never wrong."Nekomi briefly responded.

Soon a few more students came,and Philip had to return to his seat. Every once in a while,the Filipino would turn to look at Nekomi.

He would see Nekomi lying her head on the desk with her friends comforting her and whispering to each other. Weird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey,so remember the "mild violence" warning and how I said this book will be a WHOLESOME story?
Forget I said that.

The plot kind of took a dark turn since Lily isn't even suppose to exist, but she made her way into my mind, so I don't expect any "mild" violence in future chapters.
:)

Anyways take this art while you wait for the next chapter.

(It's Philip)

Slowly losing motivation but I'll keep going and hopefully end this story once and for all.

See you next chapter^^
♡~