He closes his eyes briefly. "Thank you, Snips. I'll go to my room, then."

"Let me come," she demands, not about ready to allow him to run off and be somewhere by himself right now.

"He'll be there," Anakin warns.

Ahsoka scowls. She doesn't want to keep thinking about Obi-Wan, and she hates how everything seems to lead back to him right now. Right now, she just wants some space, something to think about other than him. "Fine," she grumbles, "I'm coming, anyway."

Anakin nods, squeezing her shoulder gratefully, before they keep walking.

Ahsoka tries to keep the conversation light, to distract them both from the many things nagging at her, to keep herself from lashing out. She and Anakin will need to work through this together, but he needs to see the healers first. It'll be very hard for any of them to accept it while Anakin is still injured. She can tell moving is hurting him. It wasn't obvious earlier, so she's not quite sure if it happened on Orondia or on Naboo. It's hard to say, because he's acting completely differently now from a couple days ago.

He went into shock – like Ahsoka. All she could feel was a raw, blinding rage and the overwhelming desire to literally rip apart Hardeen and Bane. Ahsoka herself knows how that feels, and anger is truly the only emotion that comes through. She questions how much he was even capable of feeling then – both physical and emotional. He's coming out of it now, and... Ahsoka doesn't know what that means. She doesn't know anything anymore. Her entire worldview has been shattered and she desperately needs his help, but he needs hers, first.

Anakin drops back against the wall when they enter his room, and Ahsoka's attention is instantly fixed on him again instead of the... mess around them. He groans softly, rubbing a hand over his forehead.

"Anakin?" she asks, worriedly.

"I'm just tired," he lies, because she knows that's a lie. Likely, he doesn't want to think about how serious it could be himself. Anakin drops himself onto the edge of his bed, and Ahsoka glances around again, wincing when her eyes fall on something that... looks very much like one of Obi-Wan's robes. It makes her wonder how much Anakin has been in his own room since everything happened, though he must have been at least briefly, because she feels the storm of darkness and pain and confusion still weighing heavily in the Force. It'll take a long time to fade, she knows. The impressions of Anakin's emotions stay far longer than most, and she wonders if it's because of how strong he is in the Force, how readily it responds to him.

Seeing it only sends another wave of pain and anger and confusion crashing over her.

"I know you're going to tell me I shouldn't worry about it now, but how are you?" her master inquires.

"That's right, I will," Ahsoka replies, flatly, crossing her arms over her chest. She doesn't want to start thinking about it yet. She's not ready. Maybe she never will be. The pain is too fresh. "How about this: I check out with the boys then come back to check on you? Or you could come with me and have Kix look you over."

The look on Anakin's face almost makes her laugh. "Fine," he agrees.

***

Ahsoka returns an hour later. She doesn't know if her master slept at all, but he's not resting when she enters. Instead, he's working at the table shoved up against the windows in his room.

"Excuse me, Skyguy?" she huffs, closing the door behind her.

"Can't sleep," he says, tossing his tools back onto the table and looking up. He looks worse than earlier, if that's possible.

Ahsoka bites back an automatic comment of how that doesn't mean he can't at least try. She knows that feeling, is struggling with it too. She wants to curl up in bed and block the world away and just sleep, but she has a duty, and she has too much energy, and when she sleeps, she dreams. Nightmares are common. If she tries to sleep, all she'll see replaying over and over is Obi-Wan dying in front of them, while they watch, helpless. "So..."