14

"Scared?"

Silence.

"Are you even going to talk?"

Rindou gently held your hand and caressed its torso with his thumb.

"Guess I'll wait till words will come out of your mouth" Manjiro rested his arms on the armrest of the couch on which he was sitting right in front of you and Rindou, who were sitting on a sofa.

"I'm right here love, he won't do any harm to you okay?" he whispered into your ear so you only could hear him. You swallowed the lump in your throat and nodded slowly, still looking down on the ground.

"Do you know who I am?" Seeing you nodding, Manjiro spoke again.

"T-The Boss.. of Bonten..?" You cleared your throat.

"Guess I changed so much that you don't even ecognize me huh?" He tilted his head, brushing his index finger under his chin.

You lifted up your gaze to him, looking better at his facial features and analyzing them.
You were trying your best to remember his face but it was unsuccessful.

"I'm sorry but... I don't think I've seen you before.."

"Manjiro Sano, does it ring a bell?"

You widened your eyes, realization hitting your mind "M-Mikey.." Emma's brother was right in front of you.

During the years, you had never hung out with him. You just used to see him whenever you were invited at their house by Emma and you just talked to each other, nothing more. But you knew the story behind their siblinghood, you knew how much they cared for each other.

He was even a very different person now, that's why you didn't recognize him immediately.
In the past, he used to have long blonde hair that was only tied at the top with the hair on the sides moving freely. You always saw him as a carefree teenager who always joked and played around his friends and Emma as well.

On the other hand, he now had short white hair with a middle part undercut hairstyle and the Bonten logo tatted on his nape. He even became thinner, deranged and had heavy bags under his eyes. He seemed way weaker than the past.

"Yeah, that's the name I'm used being called" he ran his hand through his hair "Rindou" he called him and the purple haired man immediately lifted his head up "Can you leave us alone please? I really need it"

"Sure, Boss" you gave him a pleading look since you didn't want to be alone with him, even if you knew he couldn't oppose himself to his boss. He just smiled at you, caressed your head and stood up before leaving the room. At least you were a bit calmer now.

You looked at Rindou going out then shifted your attention back to Manjiro.

"Hanma's wife huh?" He got up, putting his hands in his pockets, and starter walking around the room meanwhile you stayed on the sofa.

"Yeah.." you cleared your throat "But I didn't-"

"No need to tell me, I already know everything." He coldly spoke "Do you know the reason they killed Emma?" He said running his hand through his hair and looking out the window.

"No.." you felt your heart clench at his words. You couldn't even imagine the amount of pain he was still feeling after so many years.

"She saw Hanma taking you away" he crossed his arms and turned his body towards you, leaning his back to the wall "She didn't intervene because she was scared... so she went home, crying and screaming you were being kidnapped and she told me everything"