Chapter 33: Thanksgiving

A few months later...

Camila grinned widely as she looked at the long table with both leaves installed, set for Thanksgiving dinner. She walked into the kitchen just as Lauren finished closing the oven door on the turkey. Camila pulled Lauren into a hug and gave her a deep, passionate kiss. Lauren chuckled as she pulled back for air.

"Goodness, what was that for?" Lauren asked, grinning.

"It's our first time to host a holiday together," Camila said, bouncing on her feet, "I'm so excited!"

"I need to jump in the shower," Lauren said, "People will be getting here in a couple of hours and we still have a few things to do."

"We have plenty of time," Camila said following Lauren , "Everyone else is bringing the sides and the dessert."

"I want to make sure everything is perfect," Lauren answered, pulling off her shirt as she entered the bedroom.

Camila grabbed Lauren from behind and tickled her sides. Lauren laughed and tried to bat Camila's hands away. Camila's element of surprise won the day as she managed to grab Lauren by the waist and toss her onto the bed. Lauren was only mock defending herself as Camila climbed atop her.

"You are insatiable," Lauren sighed out as she wrapped her arms around Camila's neck and smiled softly.

"Technically we have not had sex on Thanksgiving," Camila answered grinning, "So I don't think I'm being unreasonable."

Lauren was still giggling as their lips met. A half hour and a few orgasms later they stepped into the shower and began getting ready for their guests. They dressed comfortably as they instructed everyone to do. They wanted holidays to be relaxing rather than uptight. They both wore jeans and blouses and they made their way out to check everything and make last minute arrangements. The apartment smelled like Thanksgiving with the turkey cooking and Camila practically ran to the door at the first knock.

"Hey guys!" Camila said happily as Sofi and Kelly walked in with their arms full. Sofi was carrying beer and Kelly had her sweet potato casserole. Lauren took the casserole to the warming oven and Camila helped put the beer in the fridge.

"We're first?" Sofi asked, "It's a Thanksgiving miracle."

"I told you a half hour before everyone else," Camila answered plainly.

"How come?" Sofi asked.

"So we could hang out before the crazy," Camila answered, smiling.

Lauren poured them all some champagne and they chatted happily in the den. The other guests arrived in waves. Alejandro and Sinu showed up first with the dessert pies – cherry, pecan and Camila's favorite chocolate pie. Niall, Harry and Dinah were next with the salad, mashed potatoes and ground meat/cornbread dressing. Sam and Jack arrived with cranberry sauce and fresh baked bread. John brought creamed spinach. Normani and Veronica arrived together. They were told not to bring anything but they showed up with a bottle of Macallan 15 year Scotch. Clara was the last to arrive with a few bottles of very good wine. The whole group milled around visiting, checking the food and enjoying the company.

Lauren pulled the turkey from the oven and, after letting it rest for a bit, Alejandro began carving. They decided to do a buffet style service and everyone lined up and filled their plates then made their way to the table. Niall opened three bottles of wine to pour glasses for everyone. They sat down and Alejandro tapped his wine glass with his fork to get everyone's attention.

"I think the first order of Thanksgiving is to thank our hosts," Alejandro said, raising his glass. "You've provided a beautiful setting for us to be with the people we love on this glorious day. To Camila and Lauren!"