[thirty-four]

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑"𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋?"

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
"𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋?"

MY EYES FLUTTER awake, turning my head to find all three of them working on something at the table.

I was covered in a blanket, my back feeling sore from the rough leather couch I had previously slept on.

"Angel, come here," Rafe suggests towards his lap, lightly patting it.

I follow after, resting myself on his thigh while his arms snake around my waist to hold me.

"Morning, you sleep any good?" He kisses my cheek.

"Mm, would've been better if you were next to me," I smirk.

"Of course you'd think that-"

"Do you guys know how to not have sex for five seconds," John B wrinkles up his nose in disgust.

"Fuck off, Pogue. You're the one railing my sister," Rafe furrows his eyebrows.

"Faye-"

"If you two don't shut your traps, I'll personally throw you off this plane and make you walk the rest of the way back," I snap, pointing my finger at both of them.

"Fine," they both grumble, sitting back with their arms crossed.

"Anyways, we were making a plan for when we land. We think we can frame someone else to make it look like they were the killer," Sarah interrupts the cold silence, slicing it clean.

"How? I don't think anyone could be guilty enough of it," I query her thoughts.

"Topper and his posse. Think about it. They seem guilty enough."

"Top's dead, may I remind you," I roll my eyes.

"They killed him because he didn't want to kill the next victim and pussied out. Then they threw the blame on you," Sarah shrugs.

"That's... actually not that bad," my face rises into a smug smile.

"See? I'm a genius," She throws her hair over her shouder.

"How are we doing this? How do we tell the public this while lying?" John B grimaces.

"Are you doubting my skills, Jonathan?" I curl a finger into my hair, spinning the strand mindlessly.

"Nope, never," he speaks with a hint of sarcasm.

"Asshole, I'd like to see you try to do better," I raise my eyebrow.

"Trying to initiate a game, hmm?" He grins.

"Nope, never," I mimic.

"Okay, what's the rules?" He proceeds.

"You just gotta tell a really good lie. Not right now, but at any time during being on this plane," I feel Rafe's calloused hands sneak under my shirt as I say this.