Ride

After that day, it ticked over in Sophia's. She didn't need any trouble.

"Are you ready." Charley swung her head around the door.

Sophia was sat at her desk touching up her lip gloss. "Yep. Let's go." Sophia hopped out the chair, a little faster than she should have. She felt a twinge in her sore rib. She adjusted the bottom of her silky top that just covered the bruising on her mid rift and straightened out her skirt.

"Are you sure?" For once it was Charley that wasn't convinced about going out.

Sophia placed her hands on Charley's shoulders. "I'm sure. Don't worry about me. Come on. I wanna go."

That was how they ended up at Mui, Charley's favourite restaurant.

"You okay?" Charley whispers.

Sophia smiled and nodded through the pain. "Yeah," she said through greeted teeth.

"Don't lie." Charley slammed her glass on the table. "Let's go home."

"No," Sophia whined. "It's your birthday dinner."

"So."

Sophia sighed. She knew that it was irresponsible to stay. "Fine. But you stay."

Charley wasn't hearing any of it. "No. It would be boring without you anyway."

Sophia knew there was no convincing Charley. "Honestly Charl, I'll be fine. Stay."

"Nope," Charley popped her lips. She announced they were leaving to everyone, convincing laurel to stay and carry on without them. Then she wrapped her arms around Sophia walking her outside.

The problem was it was a busy Friday night and finding a cab at this time would be near impossible.

"I'm okay to walk," Sophia tried to assure Charley.

Charley had no choice but to believe her.

On a normal day this trip would be quick and easy, but it was going to be a trek for Sophia that night.

But as it so happened her knight in shining armour, or wearing converse was not far.

He was driving back from DC and had decided to pick up dinner on the way home. That's when he spotted Sophia. How could he not recognise those long legs.

He slowed the car and rolled down his window. "Are you insane?"

Sophia stops in her tracks. She recognises the voice but is surprised at the foreign tone.

"In your condition you should not be out."

"That's what I said," Charley added.

Spencer charged out the car, circling to the other side and throwing open the car door. "Get in. I'll give you a ride."

"No, it's okay. I'm fine to walk," Sophia smiles back gratefully.

"I wasn't asking."

Sophia is taken aback by the Spencer she is seeing. Charley shrugs her shoulder equally surprised by the dominance Spencer is exuding. He holds out his hand for her. When she reluctantly takes it, he places his other hand under her elbow and helps her into the passenger seat, closing the door once she's in. Then he hold opens the back door for Charley.

Charley slides into back seat waiting for the door to close. As soon as it does she leap forward realising the few seconds she has to speak to Sophia. "What the fuck," she gushes. "Try and tell me you don't think that was it." Charley caught sight of Spencer and she slumped back in the seat.