18. training camp

Start from the beginning

"WHERE"

he stopped walking, "you positive you don't remember this place"

you diverted your attention from him and took in your surroundings.

a battered lone swing hanging from a tree, a small lake and a couple of rocks, a cliff, green everywhere, wild flowers growing on the sides.

you feet froze and your mouth opened in recognition.

realisation and memories you never knew existed came flooding back.

"this is.."

"our spot" he completed your sentence for you and chuckled.

"NO WAY we haven't been here in ages!" you turned to him, excitement flooding through you.

"the naruto swing is still there!" you exclaimed like a child and pointed at the swing.

he smiled brightly and nodded.

you put your backpack on the grass and removed your shoes, walking towards the lake.

he copied you, removing his shirt too in the process.

you went to sit by the lake, dipping your feet in. the water was cold but relaxing.

atsumu pulled out a pair of shorts from his bag and stripped off his pants, putting the shorts on.

you watched as he did a run up to the side of the lake and stopped abruptly.

he pointed a finger at you with a serious look on his face, " rate my dive"

you laughed and leaned back, your palms supporting you on the grass, feet still in the lake.

he took five big steps backwards and a deep breath in then ran towards the lake at full speed. he looked like he was about to get a good jump start and do a fancy dive into the water.

but the mf slipped.

his foot skidded over the slippery grass by the lake and in he went, tumbling into the water comically as if slipping over a banana peel with a horrified expression.

he swam up to the surface gasping like a horse in heat.

"YOU CLUMSY BITCH" you hollered and he pouted.

"my foot slipped ya turd" he retorted and swam to the edge next to you.

"i wanna give you a zero, but that's not possible so i give you, a one" you snickered as you watched his change of expression.

his hair was sticking to his forehead, you let your intrusive thoughts win and reached your hands out to touch his hair. you tangled your fingers in it and tousled it up laughing loudly.

"OI! MA RED CARPET HAIR!" he screamed and tried to wriggle away from your grasp.

"stop moving i'm trying to give you an antenna" you smacked his shoulder and he stiffened, still pouting.

he let you play hairdresser with his bleach-damaged tips which were still surprisingly soft.

you giggled as you did the other antenna and dried your hands on your skirt to take a picture.

you showed him the picture and laughed at his expression.

"aw man, me hair!" he commented dejectedly making you laugh more and he scowled looking at you clutching your stomach.

"you and that bee could be related" you managed to say between guffaws.

"THIS IS SLANDER" he shouted and hoisted himself out of the lake. his shorts sticking to his thighs, defining his muscles and water running down his torso.