9. saturday

03:08 am

you were still in the same position. except you were scrolling on your phone and atsumu was looking at your phone and laughing at memes with his chin on your shoulder and arms around your waist.

both of you still had energy from the coffee you had after dinner. stupid idea.

"wanna sneak out? i can't sleep", he whispered.

you shuddered slightly, "yeah but we'll have to wake up for school in 4 hours genius", you whispered back to him.

"it's Saturday we don't have school genius".

...

03:15 am

there you were, sitting on a park bench [SITTING ON A PARK BENCH THINKING TO MYSELF-] in the middle of the night. [LAST ONE I SWEAR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT--]

[i am so sorry for my vile behaviour. i will no longer be an imbecile pls do not stop reading 🙏]

"let's play songs", you said as you took out your phone after getting comfortable with atsumu's arms around your shoulders, both huddled together to not feel cold.

...

04:13 am

"me and my girl, we got this relationship"

"i love her so bad but she treats me like shit"

you both were singing along to lana at 4 in the morning. the cool air hitting your faces at the park bench.

you had leaned your head on his shoulder. his arm was around you, fingers gently combing through your hair.

...

05:07 am

"tsumu"

"hm"

"do you.."

he turned his head sideways and looked at you through half lidded eyes. his arm was behind your neck on top of the bench. "do I what?"

you turned your body to face him, "do you know him". you conjured a serious expression.

"who"

"him"

"who"

"him"

"yer scaring me"

"do you know him?", you asked with the same serious expression.

"who", he asked very patiently.

On a regular he'd have lost his cool by now and punched your arm to tell him, but maybe it was the 5am ticking on his wrist or the cool wind or the dark sky, he very calmly looked at you.

you stared at him emotionless for a few seconds.

"the muffin man"

he took his sweet time to process this and then lunged at you. "you little piece of shit", he was tickling you but not too hard. Neither of you had the energy.

"had me pissin my pants for nothin".

you laughed and got up from the bench and ran over to sit on the swing.

atsumu followed you and stood behind you. "you're about to fall asleep don't sit here. I'm not gonna carry your heavy ass back home", he said as you leaned your back onto his legs.

"but hey think about it, the muffin man could be gay"

"y/n what-"

"or bisexual i don't know"

"n/n i think you need sleep"

"the muffin man could have pronouns"

"yeah you need sleep"

"let's not misgender the muffin man now, they're gonna be offended"

"did you go back in time to 2020 or-"

you fell asleep and he carried your heavy ass back home.

...

You both ended up sleeping in and got no breakfast because samu ate all of it.

"Yer fault ya didn't wake up early", he shrugged.

"Nobody wakes up at the ass crack of dawn just to eat, you pig", Tsumu snapped at his twin.