TREINTA Y QUATRO

Chapter Thirty-Four

I let my eyes wander around Allison's Mansion. It was a quiet, old-fashioned house, but you will know that it has great values.

This mansion doesn't have enough furniture that was displayed and can even be counted on both hands.

I got up from my seat as I let my eyes wander around the house while observing the furniture, such as vases that, based on what I saw, cost 5 billion pesos, and paintings that can cost more than 10 billion dollars.

"Hijo, nagugutom kaba?" I avert my gaze to the woman who is walking in front of me. She looks like a woman in her late 50's. She was the one who greeted us earlier.

I think, based on her uniform, that she's the head maid of this mansion, but as I walked inside the house earlier, aside from the guy I met earlier and this woman, no one else resides in this house.

I think she's just guarding the house while Allison stays at the academy for her studies.

I forced an awkward smile at her because I'm not used to talking to elderly people and didn't want to offend her because she had offered me a good will.

I am not a talkative person and I only talked about myself when I was with my friends, and when I was in the Underground managing the organization, it was only the cold side of me.

She nodded and told me that if I ever got hungry or needed anything, I could just call for her, and she was about to pass through me when I stopped her. "Ahhmm... May I ask if there is a library here? " I asked, and she smiled. I nodded.

"Akyat ka Hijo sa taas pakanan, sa dulong parte may makikita kang pinto na gawa sa Narra sa Kanan, iyon ang library," she instructed as I nodded. After that, I thanked her as I made my way to the second floor of this mansion.

I looked for the door she referred to, and as soon as I found it, the smell of old books greeted me as I opened the door.

I don't usually read books unless I have to, but since this house was boring, I decided to visit the library. Good thing they have one.

I let my gaze wander throughout the entire room, which was neither small nor large, only large enough to store a few books that could be read at any time. The room was filled in the Western manner with paintings hanging on the wall and the floor with a red carpet.

I froze from where I was standing when something caught my eye of interest. It was a portrait of a man tucking a gun inside his tuxedo while his arm was snaked around a woman's waist, pulling her closer to him. The woman was hiding a dagger behind her back and her other hand was pulling the man's head towards her.

I don't know, but I think I've seen this portrait somewhere but I can't seem to remember where. I was about to touch it when I heard my phone beep.

I immediately took it out of my pocket and an unknown sender of a message flashed through my screen, making me look into it with cold eyes.

Why should you be fooled by someone you trust? People can only fool fools because the world was designed to be full of fools.

Since earlier, I've been receiving the same message with the same content, and I believe this is the 12th number I've added to my block list.

When I read this message, only one person came to mind. I was being kept to remember Allison in this message for an unknown reason.

After seeing someone who looked like Allison last night in Sky Tower, I started to doubt her identity, making me feel guilty as I promised to trust her.