The weekend begins

(Simon's point of view)

When I got home that night I was tired. I had been with Wilhelm in his dorm the whole afternoon. August still owed me money and I had had a thought to go after him after the parent lunch, but then I ended up in his second cousin's room instead. Life was funny like that. I could not see how the two were even related. Wilhelm was everything August was not. Wille was sweet, funny and so handsome he took my breath away. August was a manipulating garbage bag of a human being.

"Hola, mi amor. Are you all right?" my mother asked me when I entered through the front door.

"Yes. I have just been at school," I said before heading towards my bedroom. I put my bag on my chair before I realised Sara was in there.

"Oh shit you scared me," I said.

"Where have you been?" she asked me. I sat down on my bed, next to her.

"At school," I replied. Her eyes were big. Curious. She knew something was up.

"Have you been with Wilhelm? I have seen how the two of you look at each other," she said. She did not miss anything, my sister. "Why are you sneaking around?" she continued questioning me.

"It is for his sake. It is complicated, you know," I replied. It was true. Everyone thought his business was theirs. Therefore we had to be careful. He deserved some privacy. Just like me. I had fallen in love with him. Not the prince.

"You know we have said no secrets, right?" she asked. She sounded a bit hurt that I had not told her before.

"I know. But it is better to not say anything if no one asks questions, do you understand?" I asked. She nodded.

"Promise you won't tell anyone. Please Sara," I begged her. She nodded.

"Do you like him?" She teased. I knew her too well. It would not end there.

"What do you mean?" I asked, as if I had no idea what she was speaking about. But I did. I knew too well what she was speaking about.

"You do. Have you done anything yet?" she asked.

"Stop being so annoying," I laughed and wrestled her down on the bed.

"You have kissed him," she said. She seemed sure about it.

"No I have not," I denied.

"I see it in your eyes, Simon. It is no idea to try to deny it now," she argued.

"Okay then. Yes I have kissed him," I said. She giggled.

"When did you kiss for the first time?" She kept asking questions.

"Um. At movie night," I said.

"After the two of you went out?" she asked. I nodded.

"Is he a good kisser?" she teased.

"Can we have this conversation tomorrow Sara? I am tired," I said, trying to get her to leave me alone so I could process everything.

"If you answer my question I will leave you alone," she said. I groaned.

"Yes. He is great. Satisfied with that?" I asked. She nodded.

"My little brother and the prince of Sweden. Who would have thought?" she teased before leaving. I layed down, looking up at the ceiling. I looked forward to this weekend. I just wanted to be with him so bad. I already missed him. I fell asleep thinking of him. About how much love I felt for him. I was in love. I could not deny that now.

*******

"I am staying at Ayoub's place this weekend, mamá," I said before putting my toothbrush in my bag. It was a lie. I was sleeping in Wilhelm's dorm the following night.