Chapter Two:

I saw my school up ahead, I looked both ways before crossing the street. I didn't want to get run over did I? Of course not! I saw Missy ahead of me and I called out  to her. I can talk, when I need to. I prefer not to though. I don't know how words are really supposed to sound but I talk when I need to get someone's attention. Or reply to a hearing person who doesn't know Sign. Missy turned around and waved.

You have Language Arts today right?

I asked her in sign. I saw her nod.

I have to go.

She signed, then she ran off into the direction of the school. Missy did a lot more classes than me. I looked past from where Missy was just standing  and saw Zander. He was with his aid. She's nice and her name is "Kelsie" I think Zander was even more happy then he said he was when he found out his aid was a girl. He has a bit of a crush on her. I think it's sweet. Even though he can't see her he knows that she is the most amazing girl. If they end up together in future years I won't be surprised. She's sixteen and Zander is thirteen like Missy and me. I walked over to them. I waved to Kelsie. She smiled and signed "Hello". See, that's why I like Kelsie so much. She can talk so much with her hands. It's easier for me so I don't have to have to have someone else  tell her what I'm saying. After Kelsie and I said hello, Kelsie turned to Zander and said something to him. It must've been about my presence because as soon as she said it, he turned his head to my direction. I saw him say, "Hi Annie!" I smiled. But inside I felt a bit sad. I felt this everytime I saw Zander. Or if Missy and I hung out with him. I can't talk to him. He can't see me using sign language. And sometiems Kelsie isn't with him so we can't hang out when she's not around. I've been taking speech therapy though. I want to be able to talk. I want to tell people that don't sign how I feel. I've been making process. Soon enough I'll be able to have full blown conversations with everyone! But until then, I need Kelsie.