How Long Can You Escape

Ram's POV 

I dressed up as groom. I was not ready for marriage, somehow I convinced myself to marry Tanvi. Out of blues Jenny(if it's her real name) came claiming to be my girlfriend and I'm getting married to her.

How did it come to this? 

I heard knock on my door. Dad came with Vishnu 

"Why didn't you tell about Jenny? She is beautiful, smart and good. How could you think we would reject her because of religion? Your happiness is important for us. It's about two girls and reputation of three families.

Tanvi's family is very upset, they were here. I can understand their anger. Jenny's parents doesn't want to come, disowned her. 

"Dad, I..." I don't know what to say and how to convince dad that I have no idea what's going on in my life.

"Leave it dad, Ram is already nervous. We will talk later or better never have the discussion. Everything is going to be fine" Vishnu saved me

I sat in the Mandap, Jenny came in pink lehenga dressed as bride, looking heavenly. 

Mom got this lehenga designed for Mt bride few years back but Tanvi wanted to wear traditional red lehenga during my wedding

Mom got this lehenga designed for Mt bride few years back but Tanvi wanted to wear traditional red lehenga during my wedding.  Mom never said anything but I know she was little disappointed.  She would be happy now as my bride is wearing this dress.

We got married with all the rituals. While tying mangalsutra, I felt water drops fall on my feet. I looked up, they are tears from Jenny's eyes. She is looking down and crying silently. 

I felt bad for her though she herself got into this leaving me no choice. We took seven pheres and I applied sindhoor in her hairline.

Mom and Nisha babhi(sister in law) arranged for gruhpravesh(ritual for the bride to enter in law's home). My sister in law made us to feed each other during dinner. Happily married couple would have enjoyed all the teasing from family and friends but our story is different. 

Jenny went with my mom while I sat in living room with dad and my brother. Nivi and dadi( grandma) are sleeping. All the guests left.

Mom and Nisha babhi came after sometime 

"Ram, we can't..." mom said and looked at Nisha babhi. Babhi nodded no. They are communicating with eyes.

Then mom took dad and Nisha babhi took Vishu. Weird!

Vishnu came after sometime laughing.

"I'm so sorry Ram... you have to stay away from your wife for few more days" Vishnu said laughing 

"Why?" I asked 

"You know... it's...ladies problem" he said shyly

"Go to your room, get your pajamas and sleep in guest room" he said 

When I was about to enter Nisha babhi came

"I will manage, you can talk to Jenny" she said 

I entered my room and locked the door.

"What are you doing here" Jenny asked nervously sitting on bed. She was laying down.

I decided to tease her 

"What else Mrs. Ram Pratap? It's our Suhaagraat(first night)" I said laying down next to her. She got up immediately 

"No" she shouted 

I got down from bed and walked to her, she moved back till she hit the wall

"You are not on periods, I know you are lying. Let's  say it's true, we will have our suhaagraat in few days. Let's practice" i said moving my face close to hers? 

She pushed me

"Don't you dare to touch me" she shouted

"Why not? You love me unconditionally, we are married happily" I said 

I heard knock on the door

"Ram, mom is looking for you. Make it fast" Nisha babhi said 

Jenny took deep breath in relief

"It's not done, I'm going for now. Take as much rest as  possible, from tomorrow you have to bear me"

I went to my closet, changed into pajamas.

"Good night Wife"

"Don't you want to give good night hug and kiss to your hubby" I said pretending to hug her

She pushed me

I came out of my room