Wonderful Doctor

Jenny's POV 

"Kiara called dad, asked for you..." Ram came running 

"Hi Kiara, how are you, how is Kajal?" I asked, Kiara is crying, not talking 

"Is Kajal ok?" I asked. Kiara said that Kajal is not moving, just laying with drooping eyelids... she took to hospital but doctors are not there, it's holiday today... nurses are not doing anything. I asked if she checked glucose level. She said "no". I asked her to give phone to the nurse and instructed to do finger stick but that nurse simply said that she doesn't know and there is no one who could do

Kiara said she lives away from city and this is the only hospital, no proper transportation is also available. Kiara gave insulin before giving food, I asked what food she gave and quantity. She said that she gave roti, Kajal ate just couple of bites. I realized blood glucose would have been too low, asked to give chocolate and see. I asked where she lives, she told some place, I didn't even heard. I asked Ram, he said it's just 20 minutes from where we are now. 

Immediately I started with Ram. When I went there Kajal looked better, I asked the nurse for glucometer. I didn't like her attitude, instead of helping me, she was like who the hell am I to order her. I had to give her piece of mind. Glucose was 65, probably it was low before. I checked vitals, everything looked good. I informed Kiara that I will check after half an hour.

Ram's POV 

I took Jenny to the hospital Kiara told it's very near from beach house and the roads are mostly empty. Jenny took Kajal inside. I didn't like the nurses at all, they were not concerned about patients, not even cooperating with Jenny who is trying to help. Jenny gave piece of mind to them. They gave everything Jenny asked, gritting.

"Who does she think of herself, ordering us around? She behaves as if she owns this place? Does she even look like a doctor? Dressed like a model, for a party" they were mocking Jenny. I lost patience 

"Yes she is dressed for a party, her own birthday party. She left the celebration to attend our maid's grand daughter, didn't  even think how uncomfortable it would be to attend a patient in that dress. She just thought about saving a little girl. That's the kind of girl she is. You are a nurse but did nothing to save a little girl who was suffering right in front of you. My wife, daughter in law of Prataps, left her own birthday party just by hearing our maid's daughter. You don't even deserve to utter her name" I yelled in anger. How dare they mock Jenny. They were shocked hearing me, then bent their heads in shame. Kiara who heard me told how Jenny saved Kajal even though she was rude to Jenny. 

Jenny came out after sometime, said that Kajal is fine and can be discharged. She instructed Kiara to watch the dose of insulin based on food and check glucose level. We thought of dropping Kiara and go back. Just then few people came, requested Jenny to check their family too. She agreed without hesitating for a second. Jenny looked uncomfortable in that dress treating the patients. She put her hair into bun and secured with pen since nothing was available. Jenny didn't even bring her purse. She put duppata on both sides of shoulder, covering her front completely, covering her waist and tied in the back. She was struggling with that. Nurses gave her white coat. She went to restroom and came wearing the coat, kept duppata on hanger. She looked more comfortable than before. Kiara brought roti and some curry for us. I had to force Jenny to take break and eat. Jenny asked me to go home, will call when she is done but I didn't want to leave her, also I enjoyed watching her work with patients. I'm so proud of her. There were so many patients. By the time she is done, it was almost 7. 

"Happy birthday Doctor. You are a wonderful Doctor, we are sorry for being rude, we will definitely try to help patients" nurses apologized to Jenny

"You should have left Ram, it would have been so boring for you" Jenny said after getting into the car

"I enjoyed watching you work" I said

"Thank you Ram" she kissed my cheeks. She kissed me again! "Let's go home, I'm starving" she whispered blushing after sometime. Stupid me! Became statue with her kiss. Everyone were waiting for us. I already informed them this morning about patients requests and Jenny treating them. Jenny said, she will take shower and come