Prenuptial Agreement

Ram's POV 

I tried to tell I don't know her but no one let me open my mouth. They are consoling Jenny, scolding me. I didn't bother to tell after that. There is no point, there are phone calls and messages from my number for the past few months. She even told she lost phone six months back so there are no messages and calls before that.

"Tonight we will get you both married, now we will complete haldi and mehandi rituals" mom said

That moment I saw panic in Jenny's eyes

"Ram is not ready to marry me..." she tried to oppose 

"He will agree" dad said firmly 

"I'm ready, I'm sorry Jenny... I hurt you" I apologized 

She looked at me in fear. I'm hoping she would cancel the marriage by herself. From the look in her eyes, she is not prepared for marriage.

My sister in law took Jenny with her. After sometime Jenny came in yellow lehenga. She looked so beautiful. 

'Don't fall for those looks, she is cunning' I reminded myself

My sister in law made me sit with Jenny and performed haldi ceremony. After that Jenny got came downstairs in pastel green lehenga.

 After that Jenny got came downstairs in pastel green lehenga

 She looked absolutely stunning. 

How did mom manage to get these outfits for Jenny. Probably mom's habit of buying 2 or 3 outfits for a occasion.  She would have bought for Tanvi. Jenny and Tanvi are almost same size. 

Mehandi designers came and applied mehandi in her hands. 

Mom said, "the designer got instant mehandi since there is no time. It would get dark in an hour"

Jenny looked like in deep thoughts, I don't know what's going on in her mind but she is not ready for marriage. Probably she didn't expect my parents to agree.

Around 3pm Tanvi asked everyone to come to study. She brought prenuptial agreement, asked us to read and sign.

It stated that, 'if we apply for divorce with in two years, Jenny wouldn't get a penny and after that if we separate she would get 10millions. She wouldn't have any rights on my property'

"I don't agree" Jenny said 

"Yeah, it's so unfair... if I ask for divorce and letting her go without any alimony is injustice..." I said

"That's not what I mean. Give me another bond paper, I will write my conditions..." Jenny said 

"We don't know you and Ram is heir..." Tanvi tried to oppose 

I interrupted her

"Let her write" I know nothing about her. Maybe from her conditions I might get glimpse of what she wants

Tanvi gave empty bond paper. Jenny wrote and gave to Tanvi

I don't know what's in there but Tanvi face showed shock 

"This is what you want?" Tanvi asked

"What's in there" dad asked 

"No matter when they separate and whatever the reasons, Jenny doesn't want a single penny from Ram" Tanvi said 

Is she not after my money? Or she wants to get into our good books?

I took the agreement and read

'I Jenny, daughter of Janardhan Rao and Vasuki Rao disavow any inheritance or assets or money from my husband Ram in case of separation'

"But that's unfair" Tanvi said 

"You are thinking of divorce before we even got married? You are always one way minded Ms. Tanvi. Why is there prenup only about Ram's property? You know nothing about me, so you concluded I'm after his property.

There are two types of lawyers... the ones who seek justice and the ones who seek to win the case even if the client is the culprit.

A good lawyer looks from everyone's prospective.

Have you ever thought of the possibility of Ram claiming my property if we divorce?

If you are representing both of us, you would have considered from my side too and asked if I have any conditions. If you are representing him alone, shouldn't you get a lawyer for me too" she said 

She made everyone speechless. Tanvi was embarrassed, she usually wins arguement.

"I'm sorry for talking like this, I don't mean to disrespect or hurt anyone. I can't compromise on my self respect" she said 

"It's not like that child, it's just a formality. I'm so...dad said 

"Please don't  apologize uncle. No one in the college knew about Ram's status, everyone thought he hailed from middle class family.

Isn't Ram?" She asked looking at me 

Did she study in my college?

"Let's just get over this, no one is comfortable with this. Please get Stamp pad, I will put thumb impression on it" she said 

"You signed it, there is no need of thumb impression" Tanvi said 

"None of you know me, who knows it's not be my actual sign? In future I might claim it's not my signature" She said 

"Leave it Jenny" dad said 

"Please uncle, I don't want any further discussionin future" she said 

She printed her thumb impression and I signed. My family signed as witness.

I don't know her intentions,  she is not after my property.  If she wanted to destroy our family's reputation,  she would have come to marriage hall directly Tonight and showed the proofs of our relation. Everyone would have believed and itcwould have been trending news for the next few months. Our share value would have dropped.

What is she after? I don't know which is even scarier. If she is after ne, I'm ok, I have dealt with many girls. I even doubt that,  she panicked hearing about marriage tonight.  There is no excitement or happiness hearing that. 

I should protect my family from her if her intention is to harm us.

She wrote in bond paper that her parents are Janardhan Ral and Vasuki Rao. I hope that information is true.  I sent picture of Jenny and her parents names to my friend, Santosh to find if she studied in our college and any other information we could find. Heis dad runs detective agency.