Chapter 7:: Tales of 3 am

Começar do início

Turning around, you saw Taehyung standing there with a 'What are you doing?' look. With crossed arms, he stared at you blankly who walked towards him saying, "Oh, wow! Where is my room then?" 
"What room?"
He asked as you frowned saying, "My room! Am I going to sleep in the kitchen?! Where will I sleep?" 
He sighed and pointed at his bed making you eye him weirdly. 

"Nice joke!" You said sarcastically laughing but stopped seeing him staring at you, all serious. 
"For real?" You asked anxiously as he chuckled saying, "No. Your room is there. It was customized a few days ago according to your preferences." 
"Thank god! I almost got a trauma thinking that I'd be sleeping beside you!"
You said walking out as he huffed saying, "I'll chain her in this room someday, I swear!" 

--Time skip 

"Look. It's uncomfortable to share a room with you yet so I let them customize this room for you. But, if we continue to live like this for long, we'll get bashed by our parents, okay? So, you should get used to me." Taehyung said as you sighed saying, "I just removed my makeup and got into pj's. Why did you knock on my door at 2 am to say this?! You can say it tomorrow too?" 
"Well... I just did!" He said as you sighed.
"Okay. I understand. Do not bother me now, goodnight." You said and plopped on the bed as he sighed closing the door of your room. Suddenly, you felt your stomach grumbling. 

"I'm hungry.." You mumbled and got up from the bed. Walking outside of the room, you walked towards the kitchen. You noticed how Taehyung's room door was locked. 
"Why did Mr and Mrs Kim have to stay at another house? What do they think we'll be doing?" You asked yourself sighing. 

Opening the fridge, you looked at the ingredients. 
"Pasta? Should I make pasta?" You asked yourself before nodding happily. Taking out the necessary ingredients, you started working. 
Washing the vegetables, cutting some sausages, boiling some pasta... were some of the works you were doing in the middle of the night. 

"Time to cut onions!" You said and smiled in pain, trying to cut the onions with the knife you had. After a while, you started getting teary because of the onion which you were cutting. You tried to wipe your eyes with your arms, trying your best not to use your fingers which were smelling of onions at the moment. Not being able to see clearly, you kept cutting the onions until you felt a sharp stinging pain in your finger.

"AHH!" You screamed backing away. You started jumping here and there in pain while crying because of the onions causing a huge mess. Suddenly, Taehyung came running towards you hearing the scream. 
"What's wrong?!" He asked as you were hissing in pain moving around. Sighing, he looked at the knife on the table, some sliced onions and you who was holding her hand. 
"Did you cut your hand?" He asked as you nodded squeezing your eyes trying to get a clear view. What a mess cutting onions could cause! 

Taehyung sighed and walked toward you saying, "Come with me!" Holding you by your shoulder, he walked towards the sink before taking your hand and placing it under the flowing water of the tap as you hissed a little.
"The cut is big.." He mumbled and eyed you saying, "Who cuts onions in the middle of the night?" 
"Me."
You mumbled as he rolled his eyes saying, "Wait. Sit there." 

You walked towards the couch where he pointed. After a while, he came back with a first-aid kit. Taking out some cotton and antiseptic, he slowly applied it on your finger which was cut. You hissed a little trying to take it back but he firmly held your hand saying, "Stop moving." You bit your lips trying not to hiss in pain. Taking a band-aid, he softly applied it to your finger as you looked at him saying, "Thanks." 
Sighing, he spoke, "If you're hungry, just ask a caretaker." 
"They aren't here... did you forget? Our parents got rid of everyone and everything in the house other than us." 
"Them and their imagination... I swear!"
Taehyung whisper-yelled. 

"Do you know how to cook?" You asked as he looked at you saying, "Do I look like I know?"
"Time to cook then. I can't die out of starvation." You said and got up walking towards the kitchen as Taehyung thinned his lips following you. 
"I'll cut it for you." He said as you replied, "You don't know how to, do you?" 
"I can try."
He said. 
"One injured person is better than two." You said and pushed him away saying, "I won't need more onions than this anyway." 

You took the boiled pasta and mixed it with the pasta sauce adding in the vegetables and sausages. Sprinkling some mozzarella cheese on top, you put it in the oven for some time. Taehyugn quietly noticed everything you were doing. As the pasta was being baked in the oven, you looked at Taehyung who was staring at you and the oven. 
"How do you know cooking?" He asked as you frowned asking, "What do you mean?"
"You don't seem like someone to enter the kitchen often."
He spoke. 

"You and your prejudice... yah! I can cook, okay? As someone who loves to eat, I should know how to cook as well." You said taking out the pasta as he nodded.
"Want some?" You asked as he shook his head. Sighing, you grabbed his hand taking him to the table with you. Making him sit on the chair forcefully, you spoke, "Wait here. I'll come back." 

You went back to the kitchen and took out some utensils, coming back to the dining table. Taehyung frowned saying, "I am not hungry like you!" 
"Yah! Are you insulting?! You should taste, I did make quite a bit... but I am afraid I won't be able to finish it." You said as he sarcastically chuckled saying, "You wouldn't be able to finish? Jokes."
You glared at him before having some of the pasta. 
"Mmm... it tastes good! Try!" You said as he took a bite of the pasta thinking for a while.
"It's not bad.." He said. 

You chuckled and said, "Finally, someone agrees, huh?" He rolled his eyes looking away as you asked, "Are you bipolar?" 
"What?!"
He looked at you in disbelief. You shook your head saying, "One moment, you're so considerate. The other moment you keep rolling your eyes, anyone would think you're bipolar." 
"My mood changes often, okay?"
He spoke as you nodded saying, "Eat, eat! Let's just eat." 

"It's literally 3 am right now.." Taehyung sighed as you said, "Better than what our parents thought we'd be doing." He looked at you blankly as you bit your lips in embarrassment. Why did your mouth run so much? 
"Anyways... are you going to work tomorrow?" You asked as Taehyung spoke, "Do you think my parents will let me? They threatened me in advance. Jin Hyung will supervise instead of me." 

"Right- Jin! He was so funny today!" You giggled as he said, "He's my elder cousin." 
"He's pretty fun! I saw him that day too."
You said as he sighed saying, "Not that day.. you were so annoying." 
"Me?! It was you! You were the one who bumped into me and then created a fuss."
You said scoffing as Taehyung thinned his lips saying, "We don't talk about that, it wasn't just my fault." 
"Still obnoxious."
You mumbled as he scoffed before leaning closer to your face, making your eyes widen.
"W-What-" You were stuttering as he said, "Bold of you to say that to me right now. Do you realize the things I can do to you right now? It's only you and me in the house, wife."