Prognosis

By Sunday night Kate was feeling a little better and the pain was a little more manageable. When Tom came to bed she lay on her right side up against him with her head on his chest. It felt so good to be pressed together again, even if it was only for a short time.
"I wish I could do more than cuddle you," she said sleepily.
Tom kissed the top of her head. "I know, and don't worry, I can wait."

In the morning Tom brought her a cup of tea and some tablets before she got out of bed. "We have just over an hour, shower first then breakfast?"
"Yes please. Hopefully tomorrow I can have a shower without help."
"No rush, I don't mind. I like helping you." He winked.
She drank her tea and let the meds settle before getting up. Tom helped her out of her pajamas and removed the tape from her ribs as the doctor had requested before her appointment. It was all Kate could do to not scream in pain and tears spilled down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry darling, I wish I didn't have to put you through this." Tom whispered. She kept her arms folded over herself, covering the worst of the bruising while Tom removed the sling. "Can I see?" She gingerly moved her arm, revealing the black area around her broken ribs. Tom tried not to react, but let out a small gasp when he saw her back, and Kate drew her arms back around herself while he turned on the water. With a little help she washed her hair and decided to let it dry on its own, anything else was too much. By the time she sat down for breakfast she was exhausted.
They arrived at the hospital and were ushered straight to Dr Green's office to wait.
He was a tall kind looking man in his 50s with a warm smile. He introduced himself and sat down, opening Kate's scans on his computer.
"You've certainly done a number on yourself, haven't you?" Kate nodded. "How's your pain at the moment?"
"Mostly 4 or 5 when I'm resting. My ribs are the worst, I just can't get comfortable."
"Yes, they are one of the worst places to have a fracture for that reason but they should heal fairly quickly as well. We'll put some taping back on and that should help a little. I'd like you to have physio daily for a few weeks to help it along." Kate nodded again.
"And my wrist?"
"I second Dr Andrews' suggestion, I think conservative is the way to go. I'll write up a plan for the physio and we'll give it the best possible chance of healing on its own. Really we need to just let the inflammation come down so the fractures can heal. You need to be prepared though, it will be a few months before you're doing too much with it."
Kate looked down. She had guessed that would be the case but it wasn't nice to hear out loud.
"How long do you think it will be until she is ok on her own?" Tom asked. "I'm due back in London in 2 weeks and I don't want to leave while she still needs help."
"By then she should be healing, her ribs and collarbone at least won't be so painful and as long as she's careful she should be fine. You don't have family here Kate?"
"No but I have friends who can help me." She smiled at Tom. "I'll be fine."
"We'll need to change the cast on Friday, the swelling should have reduced enough by then."
Kate removed her shirt so he could tape her ribs back up and he gave her the number for the physio who would visit her at home, and they got back in the car.
"You could come to London with me," Tom said suddenly.
"Uh, I guess I could but I'm hoping to go back to work when you leave," he frowned at her. "Just a couple of short days, I'll do the rest from home. I'll go insane otherwise. And you'll be rehearsing every day."
Tom frowned. He wanted to keep her safe and look after her and he couldn't do that from another country.
"Tom, I would love to, really. You've taken care of me so well. I promise I'll take help when I need it and I'll look after myself. But I can't just pack up and come with you, I have things to organise here if I'm going to move there next year."
"Yeah I- wait, what? Move?"
"No point living in LA if Luke is getting me tons of work in London." She beamed at him. She had decided over the weekend but hadn't found the right time to tell him yet. "I have to go in later in the week to discuss returning to work so I'm going to talk about my contract then as well. All going well I'll be released at the end of the year."
Tom smiled. "You've just made me the happiest man in the world, miss Kate."

Kate's emotions were all over the place. She tried to stay positive but the physio was painful and she knew the months until she could play again would drag. Tom did everything he could to keep her spirits up, and she became very aware that he would be leaving again in a few short days.
While he was out for a couple of hours one afternoon she decided it was her turn to spoil him when he came home.
While he cleared the dishes from dinner, she went to the bathroom and ran a bath, filling the room with candles. A few minutes later he came upstairs to see what she was doing and she led him to the bath, removing his clothes slowly. He sat down in the bath and held out his hand for her while she slowly undressed. She stepped in and sat down slowly. The hot water was part heaven and part agony. She sat between Tom's legs and slowly leaned back in to him. He leaned down and kissed her neck. "Thank you baby." He said in to her ear.
They stayed in the water until it was no longer warm enough, and then Tom helped Kate to get out. She reached her arm up to his neck and pulled him down to her, kissing him hungrily and pressing her naked wet body against his. He stifled a moan. He had promised to be patient and meant it, but she was making it difficult. His hands ran gently over her back while his tongue found hers. She pulled away and took his hand, leading him to the bed and laying down next to him, wrapping her leg over his. "Kate," he breathed, pulling away to look in her eyes.
"I want to, I think I'm ready." Her eyes pleaded.
"If it hurts-"
"I'll stop you." She smiled and pulled him back to her. He rolled her gently to her back and kissed down her right side, stopping at her breast and breathing in her scent. Oh he had missed this, being this close, seeing her aroused. He kneaded her breast and sucked gently on her nipple, making her arch in to his mouth. He trailed a finger down to her navel and gently between her thighs, making her moan softly. He circled her clit slowly and gently before sliding a finger inside her. She was already warm and wet and he kissed her mouth, probing with his tongue while his finger stimulated her from the inside. Kate had wanted this for so long and she ached to have him inside her. She rolled him to his back and slowly straddled him. It was only when running his hands over her hips he noticed the bruising there too, how had he not seen it before? She stroked his shaft and rolled a condom down it, moving her hips up to take the tip inside her. She used her hand to steady herself on his chest while she slowly slid up and down his length, making him moan and move up to meet her. He sat up and kissed her roughly, holding on to her hips while she rode him. She could already feel her climax building and increased her speed, grinding her hips down on him and pushing him deep inside. She was getting close and began to spasm around him and she put her face to his chest and sucked his nipple in to her mouth, biting it gently. That was all he needed to bring him undone, and with a couple more strokes she shattered around him, convulsing in his arms. After a few moments she lay down next to him, putting her head on his chest. He watched her fall asleep, marvelling at the magnificent beautiful strong woman in his arms. Tom had seen the sparkle back in her eyes tonight and was relieved, she had been so frustrated with herself the last few days. He couldn't wait to have her home with him, but all he needed was right now, knowing she was safe in his arms and sleeping soundly.