Weekend

"Good morning sleepyhead" Tom nuzzled in to Kate's hair. She noticed his hair was wet and he was wearing a towel.
"Mmm, you had a shower without me," she chided. "What time is it?"
"Almost 8. I went for a run."
"You should have woken me I would have come with you."
"Tomorrow," he said kissing her lips. "I can slack off for a few days but not 3 weeks, coriolanus is much too physical for me to be out of shape. Even thought I'd much rather stay in bed with you."
"What's the plan for today?" she asked, sitting up.
"There are some things I want to discuss with you,"
"Sounds ominous,"
"It's nothing, and we need to eat first. Come on. I'm taking you out for brunch."
Kate showered quickly and dressed in a knee length purple dress, long boots and a denim jacket, leaving her hair loose. They got in the car and headed downtown.
She noticed he had brought his tablet with him, something her normally avoided if possible. "What are you planning, Hiddleston?" She said, looking down at it.
"Haha. Nothing, darling. Just thinking about New York. I want to show you all the best bits."
They found a cafe with a vacant booth and ordered.
"So?"
"Firstly, Luke is going to meet us in New York, we have some meetings on Monday and he wants to meet you on Tuesday afternoon. Then we're attending the premiere for Gravity and the rest of the week is ours. Have you spoken to Zachary?"
"Yes, he and Missy are available until Wednesday and then they're off to Toronto. They'll be there on Tuesday night as well. I thought Missy and I could spend the day together on Monday, she's offered to show me around."
"Sounds good. Is there anything on Broadway you'd like to see? I thought we'd do that Monday night."
"Uh, there's so many..." Kate started to think.
"I'd really love to see Matilda," suggested Tom.
"Tim Minchin's Matilda?" A huge smile spread over her face. "Yes please!"
"That's good because I might have already contacted him and we have seats booked," Tom laughed. "I'd had a feeling you'd say yes."
Tom was playing with his juice glass. "Was there something else?"
"Luke wanted me to ask... I mean I wondered too... if you'd be interested in work in London. He's heard your work and thinks he could get some really great opportunities for you. Only if you're interested, I don't want to uproot your life when you're so happy here."
"I am happy, but I also love a challenge and I'm getting more confident with an audience. Disney don't share well with others though," she giggled. "What sort of opportunities?"
"I'm not completely sure, he will tell you all about it on Tuesday if you're interested. If not he's under strict instructions not to mention it. He mentioned a bit of a shortage on backing vocalists though, especially ones that can play something, arrange and write as well."
"Wow. OK. We can certainly talk about it. If I moved to London-"
"I'd have my beautiful girlfriend to come home to," Tom finished. "Like I said, I won't push you. My motives are partly selfish but I also think you're amazingly talented and could do anything you wanted to. Seeing you perform that night, I think that's where you belong."
"You have to say that, you're sleeping with me."
Tom laughed. "I don't have to. You're something special Kate, I don't know why you can't see that."
Because I was told the exact opposite for years. 'You're nothing special Kate. I could have someone better in a heartbeat.' She shuddered.
"Hey, what's wrong?"
"Sorry, nothing. So we fly tomorrow?"
"Yes, at 10 am. There's one more thing."
"What's that?"
"We'll probably be recognised, and followed. Fans and photographers. It's hard to deal with, I won't lie to you. I'll be with you, and I don't want you to worry. It's harmless, just a bit overwhelming. Let me do the talking, if you like, until you're more comfortable. It's an adjustment and we can take it as slowly as you like."
"I trust you. It will be fine as long as you're with me."
He took her hands across the table and kissed her knuckles. "I'm actually really excited to do an event with you,"
"Me too." She said softly. There was certainly excitement mixed with the apprehension.