Future

When Kate woke she breathed in and an unfamiliar scent was in her nostrils. It wasn't Tom. She propped herself on her elbows and noticed that breakfast had arrived and Tom was on his way out of the bathroom wearing a towel around his hips.
"Something smells good," she said, looking Tom over and noticing his hair and chest were still wet.
"It does. We have a bit of everything. I hope you're hungry darling,"
"Starving," Kate replied, sitting up and putting on her black slip.
"I only have one meeting this morning and I shouldn't be long. Then we can have an early lunch if you like before we meet Luke?" He kissed her lips lightly before she sat down.
Kate dug in to her poached egg and smoked salmon, looking out at the sun rising in New York. It was a beautiful clear morning. After toast, fruit and juice she couldn't have eaten more if she wanted to.
"I might just have a wander this morning," she said while Tom dressed in grey pants and a blue shirt.
"Where to?" He asked warily.
"I don't know yet."
"Be careful. Do you want me to get someone to go with you?"
"No, I'm perfectly fine on my own, I can take care of myself, Tom."
He frowned at her as she walked toward him. "I'm sure you can. But you can't just wander wherever the breeze takes you!"
"Can I walk around the park?" She pouted at him.
"Yes but stay where it's crowded and don't get lost."
"Jesus Tom I'm not a child!" The words came out a little harsher than she had intended, and she moved closer to apologise.
Had had his arms tight around her before she could speak. "No, you're not a child. But you are mine, and you have my heart, and I need to keep you safe, ok?"
"OK," she let out an exasperated sigh. "I'll stick to well lit and crowded areas of the park." She pouted at him again and he leaned down to bite her bottom lip.
"I have to go, I'll call you when I'm done." He pulled her in to a passionate kiss, their tongues mingling. When they separated her face was flushed. "Mine. Remember that. I love you, Kate."
"I love you too."

Kate took her time getting dressed in a short sleeved dress with leggings and boots and headed outside. It was another sunny morning and she stopped at a coffee van in the park, there was so much to take in. The breeze made a comforting sound through the trees and the colours of autumn were everywhere. She didn't realise she had been walking so long until her phone rang and she saw it was almost lunch time.
"Hi handsome. You'll be pleased to know I am safe and well,"
"Good. So you're still in Central Park? Can you meet me at the boathouse?"
"Yes, I'll make my way over there now."
"I'll be about half an hour,"
"Tom?"
"Yes, darling?"
"If you hire a boat I will pass out from romance overload!"
He laughed. "Damn. No really, I was just going to meet you for lunch. You can relax."
"See you soon baby."

They ate lunch looking at the boats on the water. It was quiet being a weekday and there were only 2 other people in the cafe.
"How did it go this morning?"
"Really well actually, it's a long way off but it sounds fantastic. Something very different. They did ask me who my gorgeous brunette was," he smirked.
Kate almost spat her mouthful of drink. "What?"
"Someone snapped us at Matilda apparently. Luke gave me the heads up a few minutes. You don't need to worry, darling, now I get to really show the world how proud I am that you're mine." He took her hands in his and smiled, his blue eyes sparkling.
Kate felt her heart swell in her chest. "I'm the one who's proud. Not because of the celebrity you are, but the man you are."
After lunch they had a leisurely stroll back to the Plaza to meet Luke. Kate was a little nervous but excited about the opportunities he might have for her.
Kate and Tom sat down at a table in the corner of the cafe and Luke joined them a few moments later.
"So Kate," he said a short time in to the conversation. "I've done some research on you and you're very talented."
Kate blushed. "Thank you. I do love what I do, I'm having a great time at Disney."
"They provide great experience, I've had other clients who started there. Are you interested in working for some bigger producers or doing some additional vocals for other artists? Perhaps in London?"
"Yes definitely. I'm still under contract with Disney, it's up for review in June. I don't know if it's possible to get out of it early and I'm not allowed to do anything without their permission." She sighed inwardly.
"If you wanted to they will usually negotiate a little or let you exit early if it suits them. I'm not dissing them, just their contracts are very strict. Makes it hard for you to find anything else."
Tom squeezed her hand. "Is it what you want, to work in London?" He asked gently.
"I don't know, I hadn't thought that much about it."
"You can take your time and think about it. There's no rush," Luke said. "There are artists looking for vocalists now that I think you'd be a perfect fit for but of course we'd have to send them a demo and talk to Disney."
"I would love for you to be with me," Tom added. "But I won't push you and you know I'm only in London half the time anyway. If this is something you're interested in it should be about your career, not us."
Kate nodded. "What sort of artists?"
"Ed Sheeran was looking for someone, Newton Faulkner, The Script and Coldplay I believe were the most recent."
"Wow," Kate looked down at her lap. No way she'd be getting those jobs any time soon. "Anyone not so famous?"
"Yeah," Luke laughed. "Quite a few that you'd outshine. I wouldn't suggest big names if I didn't think you were on their level. And frankly, you are. And the fact you can play pretty much any instrument, and do arrangement, you're familiar with recording processes. You'd be perfect."
Kate sat back in her chair. "I'm completely floored, Luke. I think I need some time to think a out what I want to do and let you know, is that OK?"
"Of course it is. It would be a big change for you."
Tom squeezed her hand again under the table.
"So you're going to spread the good news to the press tonight?" Luke asked, looking at Tom.
"Yes. I can't wait to get it out in the open." He beamed at her.
"Did Tom tell you there's some photos from last night circulating? Everyone wants to know who the mystery brunette is."