Last supper

Tom arrived promptly at 6:30 and knocked on the door.
Kate had taken her time getting ready, had a long bath and a glass of wine and focused her mind on enjoying their last dinner for a little while. She was wearing a sleeveless knee length royal blue dress, fitted to her waist and flowing over her hips. Even she had to admit she looked stunning. She had pulled some of her hair back but curls flowed down her back and her new necklace sat perfectly just above her chest. She had forgone any other jewellery except for diamond studs and her watch. Black pumps set off her legs perfectly and she hoped the confidence boost would help to settle the emotions of this afternoon.
Kate opened the door. Tom was wearing a navy suit and crisp white shirt and was leaning on the door frame with one hand in his pocket.
"Wow," he whispered. After a moment Kate realised she had rendered him speechless again and was quietly pleased with herself. Let's get this back on track, shall we?
"Wow yourself," she said, tugging him inside by his shirt. "Wine?"
"Yes, please," he couldn't take his eyes off her as she walked to the kitchen to get his glass of crisp white wine. She looked different, more confident. More sure.
"I did a little shopping this afternoon," she smiled, her eyes sparkling.
"I can see that. You look magnificent." she twirled slowly in front of him and giggled.
"I got something for you, too."
"Kate-"
"Stop talking and open it." He slowly opened the box she had handed him and saw another one inside marked 'Rado' on the lid. He gasped when he opened the box and saw the watch he had been admiring before their first lunch date.
"Oh my gosh Kate, I... it's too much....," she narrowed her eyebrows. "I love it. Thank you. Now whenever I wonder what time it is I'll be thinking of you. Not that I wouldn't be already." He slipped the black and blue watch on to his arm and admired it. He pulled her in to a slow passionate kiss and then looked at it again and smiled. "We need to go, we'll be late for dinner." He finished his wine and took her hand after she grabbed her purse and overnight bag.
"Are you going to tell me where we're going?"
"Nope," he grinned. "It's a surprise. But you'll love it."
It was a 20 minute drive in to the Hollywood hills before they arrived at Yamashiro. Tom took Kate's hand and led her through the doors. It was stunning, she was overwhelmed by the beautiful Japanese inspired interior. The manager led them through the restaurant and out to a secluded corner of the balcony with a view over LA. A table was set up for two looking out over the city, it had a pink glow as the sun set behind them. Tom pulled out a chair for Kate and she sat down. Again she marvelled that a week ago she was so uncomfortable but now she felt so at ease with Tom and wanted to enjoy every detail.
The waiter filled her champagne glass. "Still trying to impress me, Mr Hiddleston?" She grinned, taking a sip. "This is perfect."
"Kate, I wanted to tell you again I'm sorry-" Kate raised her hand to stop him.
"Can we just pretend today didn't happen? You didn't do anything wrong, Tom. I panicked and I'm sorry. It's my stuff to deal with, and I will. You don't need to worry." She reached across and took his hand. "I love you and I trust you."
"I love you too."
"Also your watch has GPS and hidden recorders," she joked.
Tom laughed his beautiful laugh. "God Kate I'm going to miss you. October can't come fast enough."

The food was delicious and the view changed as the sun set so that by the time they'd finished their meal they were looking at the twinkling lights of LA. "I can't wait to show you London," Tom said. "You'll love it, I hope. It will be the middle of winter though, be prepared for snow."
"I love the cold," Kate said. "I always wondered if I was born in the wrong country."
"How is Lizzie doing?"
"She's ok. As well as can be expected I guess."
"Do you want children?"
Kate almost choked on her drink. "Right now or can we have dessert first?" She teased. "I do, one day. Do you?"
"Lots," Tom winked.
After dinner they took their drinks and had a stroll around the grounds in the moonlight. It was a warm night with a light breeze hinting that Autumn was on the way. They stood on the verandah looking over the twinkling city lights, Kate holding the rail and Tom behind her with his arms around her waist.
Eventually he took her hand and took her to the car, taking her home.

Opening the front door, Tom asked Kate to wait on the deck for him, and she wondered what he was planning this time. She stood looking over the pool and he returned a few minutes later with 2 glasses of Champagne. "How can my life have changed so much in a week?" he asked, looking down in to his glass.
"Mmm," Kate agreed. She moved closer to him and he clasped his hands at the small of her back, leaning down to kiss her.
He pulled away, setting down her empty glass and leading her to the bedroom. The amount of candles above the bed had at least doubled, and there were more on the floor against every wall, casting a soft glow over the bedroom. The bed was covered in pink rose petals, the mixture creating an intoxicating scent.
"Oh my god," she gasped. "Tom it's gorgeous." She looked at him seriously. "Do you have any more romantic surprises, because I might faint."
Tom laughed softly "I just wanted to make to tonight memorable. Can't have you forgetting me before my plane lands," he sat her down on the bed and slowly took off her shoes, rubbing her feet and legs. He was kneeling in front of her and she undid his shirt buttons, taking her time with each one before slipping it off his shoulders and on to the floor. He unzipped her dress at the back, sweeping her hair to one side to plant kisses down the back of her neck and spine. He pulled her to her feet, sliding the dress off her shoulders, down over her waist and hips and letting it fall to the floor. Pressing her against him he kissed her lightly, dancing his tongue over her lips before mingling it with hers. Her hands went to his chest, feeling his toned chest and abs, then to his shoulders and down his smooth back. She moved on to his hips, undoing his belt and pants and sliding them to the floor. He unclasped her black lace bra, slipping it off her shoulders and freeing her breasts, and trailed kisses down her neck while removing her panties.
He laid her down in the middle of the bed and stood back, taking in the scene before him. The soft glow from the candles highlighting her milky skin, surrounded by the rose petals she looked like something from a dream. Tom crawled on to the bed, starting at her toes and kissing and nipping every part of her. By the time he reached her mouth she was breathing quickly, and could feel his full erection against her. She reached down and stroked him while he slid two fingers in to her folds, feeling her already hot slick centre. He teased her breasts, biting gently on her nipples before releasing them from his mouth. He positioned himself on top of her, rubbing his cock over her clit. He withdrew for a moment for protection and then lowered himself on to her, sliding his full length inside her and eliciting a low moan. Tom made love to her slowly, his mouth only leaving hers occasionally to catch his breath or kiss her neck. It wasn't long before Kate was tugging his hips, pulling him deeper in to her as she convulsed around him. Tom slowed a little, making long deep strokes while she kissed his chest and sucked one of his nipples, finding his release with a last thrust inside her. He lingered inside her for a long time, not wanting to withdraw. When he did, he extinguished the candles and she lay her head on his chest, feeling his heart beating beneath her. He held her tightly in his arms and a few tears pooled on his chest as she fell asleep.