Nerd HQ

Weeks went by quickly when Kate was busy, that was how she liked it. When her mind was occupied there wasn't time for self doubt to creep in. She was feeling incredibly fortunate, while the studio was a little bit quiet she was able to work with some of the senior writers and composers and work on her writing. She had even played some original charts for one of the other writers. For a while now Kate had craved a new challenge, needing something else to keep her mind busy. By day she wrote, and at night she went home and sang her 2 performance charts for the party over and over again. It was still almost 2 months away, and she had convinced them to let her play at the same time. She had always felt at home behind a piano and was much more comfortable knowing she wouldn't be alone on the stage.

**************************************************************************

Mid July was Comic Con time. Kate had been waiting years to go to San Diego comic con, when she first moved to LA she hadn't realised how difficult it was to get tickets. She had jumped at the chance when Zachary asked if she could help out at Nerd HQ this year.

Mae was sitting on Kate's couch while she packed for the weekend. She was making the 2hr trip on Thursday after work and returning Sunday night.

"So there's a rumour that Tom will be there," she said suggestively. "You might finally get to meet him."

"Tom who?" Kate asked idly.

"How can you not be just a little bit curious? He asked about you! Is it so hard to believe he might be interested in you?"

"Um, yes! He's never met me! So even if he is now..."

"Stop it."

"Zach promised to introduce me to Adam Baldwin and Nathan Fillion. Now THAT is exciting," Kate gave Mae her biggest cheesy grin.

"Alright, I'm out. Have an awesome time, bring me back something nerdy," she gave Kate a hug and let herself out. "Stay out of trouble, Katherine. Actually don't, you could do with some trouble in your life!" She called down the hallway as she left.

That night, Kate didn't sleep. She didn't really work the next day either, she was as excited as a school girl. Driving in to San Diego she called Zach for directions to their hotel. Half an hour later she was knocking on his door.

"Where's Missy?" She said peering in to his room,

"Her mum wasn't well so she decided not to come," said Zach. "Could you stop bouncing you're making me feel sea sick!"

"Are you all set? Need me to do anything?"

"Nope we're actually all good, nothing to do until tomorrow. You look like you need a drink though. Or a valium," he laughed. "Give me half an hour to get changed and set for tomorrow morning and we'll grab a bite, OK?"

*****************************************************************************

Sitting in the makeup chair on Saturday morning, Tom was thinking about who he might meet this year. He'd never been in to comic con as a fan, but since playing Loki he'd changed his tune. The atmosphere was always electric and he loved every second of it. He had something very special planned today and was almost jumping out of his seat, it had been so hard to keep it a secret. Not long now. He stared at himself in the mirror as he was slowly transformed in to Loki...

Kate took the chance to wander around, gaping in awe at the amount of people. Friday had been busy but Saturday was insane. She had spent most of yesterday with Zachary setting up his area. He was so excited to be hosting Nerd HQ again. She had no romantic feelings at all toward him but hoped perhaps there was a clone of him out there somewhere. Perhaps a less famous one though, being surrounded by his fans all day the day before had been overwhelming.