Shiny

"The car will be here in 15 minutes Kate," she heard Tom through the bathroom door. "Are you almost ready?"
"Yes, I just need to put my dress and shoes on." She called back.
Kate moved to the bedroom to get dressed. Her makeup was done and she had her hair in a loose updo, letting it curl naturally.
She took out the Chanel bag the dress was hanging in from the closet and slipped it on, and put her feet into her black patent pumps.
Tom was waiting in the lounge chair and stood when he heard her coming. He walked over and took her hands, looking her up and down. "Could you zip me up?" She turned her back to him so he could help her.
"Kate," he breathed. "You're just, stunning."
"So you like it then," she grinned.
"Very much, you make that dress look absolutely gorgeous. And I think this will fit perfectly." He handed her a blue Tiffany box and she opened it slowly. Inside was a white gold bracelet with 10 diamonds spread around it. It sparkled almost blindingly in the light.
"Tom it's beautiful!" She exclaimed. "You didn't have-"
He out a finger to her lips. "I wanted to. Here," he took it from the box and placed it around her wrist, gently fastening the clasp.
"Ready to go, mystery brunette?"

Just as they walked outside a limousine pulled in with Zachary and Missy already inside. On the way there they talked about their days in New York and what Luke had discussed with Kate. As the approached they could see the red carpet, a lot of people and a lot of photographers. Tom squeezed Kate's hand. "We can always sneak in the back," he whispered.
"No, I'm good. Just don't leave me."
Kate and Missy got out of the car first, the Zach and Tom. Screams erupted when the crowd saw Tom and there was a blur of flashes aimed at them. He took Kate's hand and they went toward the door. Talking to the various press waiting outside, Tom was as smooth as ever. He was bombarded with questions about movies and Kate and who he was meeting in New York. Kate was asked about her work with Disney and congratulated on hooking such a celebrity as Tom. After about half an hour they all made it inside to a pre - screening cocktail party and Tom introduced Kate to a few people there. It was a surreal experience, even for someone who was used to working with celebrities and having them around the studios. George Clooney was every bit as charming as she had imagined.
Tom kept his hand on hers for the duration of the film, stroking and playing with her fingers, occasionally bringing it to his lips to gently kiss her knuckles. By the time the film finished she was feeling almost comfortable there. Tom was in his element, chatting and meeting new people as well as old friends. Kate insisted he leave her with Missy to go and mingle, he enjoyed it so much she couldn't keep him to herself all night.
"Kate, he is infatuated with you!" Missy said as they waited for drinks.
"I can't believe it, but yeah, he is." Kate stared wistfully over at Tom, talking to Sandra Bullock and someone else she didn't recognise. "He is totally in his element."
"So is Zachary, I don't even know where he is! It's not really my thing but they are kind of fun once you get to know a few people. It's like playing dress up and party with the famous people!" Kate laughed.
"I never would have imagined I'd fit in here. It was one part of Tom's life that sort of frightened me," she smiled at Missy and then looked over at Tom, he had been watching her and winked. "It's not so bad really!"
Tom was gesturing for her to come over to him. Kate looked at Missy "oh go, I'm fine. I'm going to the bathroom anyway," she said, leaving her seat.
"Here she is," Tom put his arm tightly around her waist. "Kate, this is Sandra, Josh and Alfonso, the director."
"It's lovely to meet you," Kate said shyly. Now that she was close up she recognised Josh Groban.
"Tom was just telling us about you, Kate. I recognised your name, I've heard some of your Disney work. You're quite talented."
"Wow, thank you, Josh." She blushed.
"Actually if you have your agent's details I'd love to work with you."
Kate handed over one of her agent's cards, trying not to let her hand shake. "I have to run but it was a pleasure meeting you, take care."
Tom excused them both, the party was wrapping up.
In the car on the way back, Zach asked about their plans for the next few days.
"Actually, we have an early start tomorrow. But it's a surprise."
"Argh. Another one?"
"I like surprises," he said innocently, winking at her.