Pink roses

Kate woke at 7 and rolled herself up in her doona. As she lay awake thinking about the day ahead she remembered the night before and sat up. Did that really happen? Oh god it did.

She remembered her promise to Mae and picked up the phone.

"If you're only just getting home there had better be some juicy details" she slurred sleepily.

"Sorry hon I forgot it was so early."

"Details, Kate. Now."

**********************************************************************

After resisting the urge to call her all morning, Tom sent Kate a text at lunch time.

'Hi gorgeous xx do you want to do dinner at mine or yours?'

Kate smiled. She had been on her way out the door to do some shopping after another busy morning at D23.

'Mine xx is there anything you don't like or don't eat?'

'I'm not a big fan of cat ;) I'll bring wine, is there anything else I can bring?'

'Haha no. Just you. See you tonight xx'

**********************************************************************

Mae had convinced Kate to make her favourite pasta from scratch. She decided to do a simple roast veg and hot smoked salmon salad as a side, and a lime cheesecake for dessert.

Tom arrived right on time at 6. The vegetables were roasting in the oven, the ravioli filling was ready to go and she was about to start on the pasta dough.

When she opened the door she immediately noticed Tom's scent and had to fight the urge to fall straight in to his arms. He bent and kissed her before handing her a bunch of pink roses. "Tom," she gasped. "They're beautiful!" she found a vase under the sink and arranged them in the middle of the table.

Tom couldn't take his eyes off her. She was dressed more casually this evening, in dark jeans and flats with a pale pink blouse. She had her hair up in a ponytail and only diamond stud earrings and a 2 tone watch. He imagined she looked this gorgeous every day, and allowed himself a momentary day dream where he came home to her like this every night.

While Kate was arranging the flowers she looked over at Tom. He looked gorgeous as always in jeans and a checked shirt. His hair was wet as though he'd just showered. She set the flowers on the table and walked over to him, pulling him by the neck in to a kiss. She was not normally so forward but she just couldn't resist.

After a few moments their lips parted and he rested his forehead on hers for a second before kissing the top of her head. She felt wonderful and smelled just as good. The scent of her hair mixed with perfume and just... Kate. Oh the things he wanted to do to her.

She eventually made it back to the kitchen and cracked 2 eggs in to the flour for the pasta. He watched her hands as she mixed and kneaded it in to dough. "You have lovely hands," he said. "Musician hands." She smiled up at him and he turned to take in the rest of the room. For the first time he noticed the upright piano near the window and walked over to it. It was shiny and black, a Kawaii. The lid was open as though it had very recently been played and he could see down in to the strings and hammers.

"Play me something."

"I don't do well with an audience," he mocked and she playfully scowled back at him.

"No really, I couldn't. Not in front of someone like you. I'm trying to impress you remember."

He came back to the kitchen and took out 2 bottles of wine - a Verdelho and a Cabernet Merlot. "Which would you like?"