Chapter 49 - Estado De Guerra

Another road to 36k reads and 1.1k followers! omg thank you so much guys!

We're almost done.

———————————————————

Dane/Louise's POV

Please answer the phone.

I'm silently begging you to please answer the goddamn phone.

"Louise."

I straightened up my body as I heard her voice, "Babe? Babe, can you hear me?"

"Go home, Louise. It's late and raining." Her terrible voice didn't pass my hearing.

"Hush, Rei. I'm just here. It's fine if I get sick if it means that I can talk to you." My lips were shaking because of the cold breeze of air and heavy rain.

She sighed, "We can talk some other time. Just go home for now, please, Lou—"

"But there's no time, Rei. I'm leaving..."

Her line remained silent kaya napatingin ako sa bintana niya pero patay ang ilaw, "What do—where are you going?"

"I can't marry him, Rei. I rather die single than settle with that jerk." I stammeringly said.

"What are you planning? Please, Louise makinig ka sa pamilya mo."

My forehead knotted, "Do you know something?"

"They're doing this for you."

"What they're doing is manipulating my fucked up life. You know better than this, Rei. I already knew that you didn't break up with me because of Andrei."

"Louise, you don't know what you're doing."

"I certainly do. My life is on the line, which is why I've been leaving the country for the past couple of years. But that's not something I'm going to do right now. Rei, I'm going to face them. If I keep running away from reality, I won't be able to live with you."

"Don't do something stupid, Louise!"

I bit my lower lips, "I'll be back, Rei. Babalikan kita."

"Louise, please..." She's crying, fuck.

I looked at her window and I finally saw her figure. Even though it's dark, I could feel her eyes on me,

"I promise."

-

"Why are you here?"

I flinched turning my head on her, "Ah e."

"You said you were leaving last night." She checks my entire body as I can't find my voice to respond. "Why are you here now?"

I grasped and breathed, "Why don't you tell me." She eyed me intently and said, "They tracked me down, caught me off the hook because you told them my move."

Nag-iwas siya ng tingin, "Lou—"

"I trusted you, Rei. Ikaw lang ang sinabihan ko pero ano? You told them. You told my enemies my only way to escape this hell but you exposed it and now I'm stuck in here. " I raised my hand kung saan nakalagay ang bracelet na may tracker na hindi ko matanggal dahil sa kagagawan nila Dad, "Now tell me. What to do now?" I added.

"Louise, I'm trying to protect you. I-I never meant to—"

I scoffed, "To get in my way? Seriously, Rei?"

Ayokong magalit sakanya pero nakakasama ng loob.

She frowned, "Why are you getting angry at me? Yes, I know something about what's going on with your family. You were threatened, and I was too. Don't blame me if I get sick worried because I was concerned about you; I fucking care!"