Chapter 41 - Alegria

Kaye's POV

Dean Achilleo

Dean Achilleo

Dean Achilleo

"Kaye."

I was snapped back, "I'm sorry, what were you sayin'?"

Ian smiled, "I'm asking you if bibisita ka kay Dane mamaya."

I flickered my eyes, "Not sure. We don't even know where she was admitted or if she wasn't."

Last night, after sabihin ni Max kung sino ang lalakeng tumulong kay Dane ay bigla nalang siyang umalis. I hadn't had a chance to ask her further since she left me dumbfounded by myself. And she wasn't talking until then, her parents were worried about her because she's back on being unbothered and cold persona. She looks like in a deep hell of her thoughts every time we try to talk to her and all we could receive was a stare.

I know she's worried about Dane, but what she was doing was affecting everyone around her. We are used to her attitude, but she was getting worse. I mean, she looks okay, but not really okay.

He spokes, "Wala ba kayong narinig from the guy last night?"

I shrugged, "I'm clueless, Ian."

He sighed, "Why do you think that happened?"

I looked at him, "Don't know, don't care."

I glared at him when he chuckled, "Don't take me for a fool, Kaye. Last night, you screamed at the top of your lungs for help."

A twitch of pain rush through my heart, "I didn't..."

"I'm not a fool." He sternly said.

I frowned, "Ian, you kno—"

"I know." My forehead knotted, "She's the reason why you haven't given me an answer until now."

I averted my gaze, "I'm sorry."

He knew about my past relationship with Dane since Dane left three years ago. He stood by my side during my darkest hour, and I'm still grateful for his presence in my life. But I'm afraid I'll never be able to return his affections for me. There was a chance, but I hadn't explored it yet. I'm still torn between letting go of Dane and fully embracing Ian into my life. I'm afraid of being hurt again. I don't want to be abandoned again, despite the fact that he has never abandoned me before. Simply said, I'm not ready to commit yet. And I'm still in love with Dane.

So much still for me.

"Can't blame you, even I had a crush on that kid before." He laughingly said.

I shoot him daggers, "Are you for real?"

He nodded, "The day at the party when we saw her at the hallway of the hotel." I remembered that night, she was so stunning with her simple white dress, "Akala ko talaga artista kaya naging crush ko pero nung makilala kong si Dane pala natauhan ako." Natatawa niyang dagdag.

I let a lopsided smile, "Yea, she's so beautiful that night."

"Ang cheesy mo, Kaye. 'Di bagay." Maarte niyang sagot.

Parang bakla talaga, "Ginusto mo 'ko panindigan mo."

He rolled his eyes, "Excuse me, I don't like you."

"Because you love me."

He was stunned by my answer. I let a teasing chuckled before shoving him, "You're such a kid, Ian. Bente sais kana, kaya hindi kita sinasagot e."

I sighed when he pouted, "Paano mo 'ko sasagutin e mas mukha ka pang lalake satin."

"Ang kapal mo rin 'ne. Lumayas ka na nga." Irita kong sagot sakanya pero tinawanan lang ako.