Chapter 19 - Gravity

-

"Cheater."

Did I heard it right?

I frowned, "Chea-what?"

Nagtataka akong tumingin sakanya habang siya ay masama ang mukhang nakatingin sa baba. She's wearing white short shorts and a red shirt, simple but looks so pretty on her, not minding her dark glares she's sending me.

She spoke, disappointed, "How could you do that?"

I gaped but didn't say anything, as I was flabbergasted by her accusation that I didn't even know. What's the matter with her? Nagiinit palang ako samin ni Stacey tapos hihilahin niya lang ako bigla 'tas kung ano anong ibibintang tama ba 'yon. Lakas mambitin.

I groaned, mustering my words, "Anno, you're talking rubbish. Don't hold me responsible for something I didn't do."

She scoffed, sarcastically, "You're kissing another girl while your girlfriend is watching you! What kind of person would do such a thing? Do you even consider yourself mortal after what you've done?"

Hoy! Grabe sa mortal, immortal na ba ako sa tingin niya dahil humalik ako ng ibang babae. At wala naman akong girlfriend ano bang sinasabi neto.

Mema am.

"I don't have a girlfriend. What are you saying?" I said in monotone.

She was dazed, while eyeing me suspiciously, "Seriously? Now you're denying her. Naiisip mo ba kung ano mararamdaman niya pag narinig niya 'yang sinasabi mo?"

She's looking at me in dismay, I grin, "You mean, Margo? You thought she's my girl?"

Her forehead knotted, "Yeah, isn't she?"

"No." I smirked.

She scowled, "Stupid. I saw you raised a toast in her celebration. You even cling to each other affectionately."

"But you didn't hear me call her my girlfriend or what? I said 'Dear Margo' didn't I?" I counter back emphasizing the word 'Dear Margo'.

She paused, eyeing me intently, "Liar."

What the eff?

Hindi parin siya naniniwala. Aba'y bahala na siya kung ano gusto niya paniwalaan. Pero what about Margo? Akala ko ba may nahanap din siya paano— Shit. I look back at the front door of the bar.

Margo, what are you doing.

I sighed and returned my attention to Anno. I can't help but nibble my bottom lip to prevent my smile. Despite our argument, I still have time to observe her appearance. She looks so enchanting while fanning herself using her hand with furrowed brows. How could she be so attractive while frowning so adamantly?

"Margo is one of my dearest friends. And I'd already cleared our relationship before. Yes, we act in ways you wouldn't expect from friends, but that's just who we really are. We are cool in such a way regardless and wouldn't care what other people claimed."

Hindi ko alam kung bakit kailangan ko magpaliwanag sakanya pero sa ikatatahimik na isip niya ay sinabi ko narin ang totoo. Ano bang pake niya at nakikialam siya sa issue namin.

Her faced softened, "But the way she looks at you... kissing another woman... Perez, she's in pain. And you didn't give a damn about her feelings."

That's kinda sounds hot. Damn. I shook my head, get a grip Dane.

She's in pain.

I know, and I made the mistake of ignoring her feelings. I didn't mean to or I did? A part of me knows that some of that wasn't intentional because we used to do this. We agreed to this game, but then again, I realized it was before when we were still in the US and she still hadn't felt anything for me. Fuck that little cupid with a diaper. Why is it so hard for Margo? And now
I feel like a piece of shit by putting her in that situation. I feel so bad about everything and thanks to Anno, she really invaded my mind and feelings and made me feel guilty.