𝑆𝐻𝐴𝐿𝐿𝑂𝑊

STEPHAN WATCHES THE WOMAN HE LOVES AND THE GIRLS HE LEARNED TO LOVE like his own disappear right before his eyes

          STEPHAN WATCHES THE WOMAN HE LOVES AND THE GIRLS HE LEARNED TO LOVE like his own disappear right before his eyes. Every time he closes his eyes that's the picture he sees, Lu's sad teary eyes, her holding onto her emotions, mouthing I love you to him. Emma's conflicted look holding Rob and Lu's hand. Hope clutching onto Lu as her eyes bored into him. His eyes never leaving them.

That's the last image he has of them. The one that constantly plays on his mind.

It was a hot day, Stephan was just done working a shift at medbay, and he was making his way with Hope in his arms to get Emma from her afternoon classes.

"Your mom thinks she's funny huh." He asks Hope making the toddler look up at him and laugh. "Well, she is funny but don't tell her." He says making her laugh. They were going to do their usual routine, spend in hour in the park before going on with the rest of the day.

Emma was playing on the swing as Stephan pushed Hope in a baby swing, she laughed every so often, laughed even more whenever wind picked up hitting her in the face. He couldn't help the smile forming on his face, as he watches Hope laugh, his smile grew as he hears Emma laughing. He turns to see her speaking to her teacher, Miss Moira.

At times Ari and Ryan would join them, playing with the girls. Miss Moira and there would be others kids and some parents around.

Now here he sits on the bench, with no kids to watch. Alone. The laughter that once filled his ears and life gone. While they were other kids playing, and enjoying the playground none of them were his and Lu's kids.

"How are you doing?" Moira asks taking a seat next to him on the bench.

"Okay." He says not looking up, she knew they had left, but everyone that interacted with them, were given that Lu and the girls left home, to Alexandria.

"I didn't know you were married." She says honestly.

Stephan nods not denying it and it also didn't help that he wasn't in a very conversational mood. He knew she didn't know, she had flirted with him and he told him, he was with the girls moms. She apologized for flirting, she had asked about their mom. Asked Emma about them, but she told her she was a scientist, who worked with Tony and the higher ups.

"I'm sure everything will be just fine." She says being optimistic.

"Have a good day." Stephan says standing up and leaving. He didn't want to talk about Lu, or think about Lu and the girls. Especially not for someone who doesn't know the first thing about Lu.

IN HIS ROOM STEPHAN STARES AT THE USB AGENT BROWN HAD GIVEN HIM WHEN HE was captured by Hydra, along with Lu, Rob and Ryan.

She had told him:

"Stephan St.James, you look so much like your dad, glad to see you're okay."

He knew he looked like his father, his mother and the little family her had told him as such.