24. How Fast The Night Changes

When Lauren got out of the car she could already hear the loud noise coming from the garage, walking inside smiling and mentally thanking Dinah. She went to the kitchen and saw her mom cooking, asking her where her father was. She followed her mom's direction and found him barbecuing near the pool.

"Hey Lauren, I was thinks about calling more people. We could tell them to come at different times, so we don't scare her out." Mike suggested and Lauren nodded at her dad.

"Actually that's not a bad idea, dad. Just don't call too many people." Lauren said walking to the source of the loud noise.

"TELL THEM TO STOP!!!" Mike yelled to Lauren since she was so close of the garage. Lauren walked inside to see Michelle sitting on the drums smiling but yet concentrated while Chris was behind her holding her hands showing her where to bang the sticks. Then Chris let go of her arms and she continued on her own, she played for some seconds before losing the rhythm completely.

"I can't do this." She laughed putting her hands over the drums in an attempt to make the sound stop.

"Yes, you can. Just need to practice more, you're already better than Lauren and Taylor together." Chris said laughing along and a bright smile appeared in the girl's face, it felt good to be better than Lauren at something.

"Hey! Dad said that it's time to stop, it's getting late." Lauren said grabbing their attention.

"Oh okay, hey Mitchie do you want to play video games with me and Taylor?" Chris asked while they got out of the garage.

"Actually we are having guests for dinner tonight so we should all go get ready." Lauren informed the two and grabbed her sister's hand dragging her upstairs to her room, closing the door. Michelle already knew what she was going to say.

"Lauren I'll be fine, don't worry about this."

"Oh okay then." Lauren smiled at her.

"But...uh...how many?" Michelle asked and Lauren let out a little laugh.

"Just a few. But don't worry, don't try to please anyone. They are coming to meet you, so just be yourself." Lauren said confident but was busted by Michelle's laugh.

"You don't get it, do you?" Michelle asked laughing and Lauren looked at her confused. "Lauren this is me, when I try to please everyone. That's what I did my whole life, there's no other me, this is who I am."

"Michelle..I.."

"No, it's okay. I know it must be hard to believe that your sister is that stupid." Lauren opened her mouth to argue but was interrupted.

"The shower is free!" Taylor walked in a tower announcing, her smiled dropped when she noticed the tension inside.

"I-I'll go." Michelle said finally breaking eye contact with Lauren, grabbing her clothes and leaving the room. Lauren kept frozen in place staring at the ahead, where Michelle was.

"Lauren?" Taylor asked but Lauren didn't answered she only move to sit in the bed. "Lauren, I wanted to talk to you about something important, but I think I'll let that for later..."

"No, it's fine. What is it?" Lauren woke up from her shock state.

"Lauren, I heard you talking to her this morning..." Taylor said hoping that Lauren would get it, but Lauren's mind where somewhere else. Taylor sighted and finally asked what have been bothering her, letting her sister no action. "L-Lauren, you killed someone?"

-

After they all got ready, The Jauregui family waited for their guests. Michelle was practically glued in Chris avoiding at any cost, and Taylor and Lauren didn't let each other side.