23| forgive me

K E L L Y

I watched him place his hand on hers, with so much love and worry all at once.

[Flashback]

I understood why she chose him. A smile overtakes my expression, as I watch him, intrigued.

He explained every piece that I didn't understand on paper. I didn't get to hear everything he was saying but all I knew is that it made sense.

Whatever it was.

He looked so focused and dedicated, he was a smart guy.

Who I watched from afar, for years. For as long as I had known him. Alexander was there, but as the guy I thought I liked. Right, thought.

As far as I knew, Alex and I weren't together because we liked and wanted to be together, no. It was out of mere desperation. There was no good reason other than just- him wanting to get Serine.

No matter how, he had to it. No matter if he had to hurt her in the process. Alex didn't care, as long as he breathed the same air she did. As long as he was in her presence. No matter if he irritated her and how much he claimed to hate her, despite knowing he had an obsession with her.

He was persistent in the beginning and ended up getting what he wanted. Ruining it all just like that.

Then he lost her.

And she fell in the arms of another, Angelo. My heart ached at the thought. She had him and there was nothing I could do about it. No matter how much hatred I spread, I'd still be the villain.

As much as I am the villain, I am too the victim.

As heartless as I seemed, I wasn't numb. I felt.

I felt pain, I felt jealousy, I felt love.

"You understand?" His eyes lock with mine and I get lost in the dark colored eyes. He says something else but I don't seem to hear. "Kelly?" He says my name and I can't help but feel the butterflies in my stomach.

"Are you okay?" I snap out of it, trying to focus. "I'm trying.." I mutter to myself, balling my hands up into fists. I try to compose myself. Don't do anything stupid, Kelly.

"What are you trying to do?"

"Actually," I bite my lip. "It's not what I'm trying do, but rather what I'm hoping for,"

He squints his eyes. "And that is?"

"For you to fall in love with me," I finally say.

Then I did something I wanted to do since forever.

I kissed him.

[End of flashback]

As I said, I understand why she chose him.

Not how, she never loved him.

***

She finally opens her eyes and I see the relief on his face immediately. "Hey," he whispers. "Angelo?" She stares in disbelief. "I- I was looking for you," She stutters. Suddenly, her gaze then shifts to me.

I tear my gaze away from the scene in front of me.

They seemed content in each other's presence. I was just some foreigner. I turn my heel, preparing on going but I hear, "Kelly, don't go," before I could.

Right before I could say anything- as if there was, the door opens wildly and I spot the black leather jacket. I roll my eyes the moment I see it.

"What are you doing here?" Angelo stands up with a glare.

Oh boy.

"None of your business," Alex responds. "It involves my girlfriend, so of course it's my business,"

"I wouldn't know if I'd still call her your girlfriend after what she did,"

Everyone in the room goes silent after that.

***

S E R I N E

My breath hitches at the words that come out of Alex's mouth.

No.

Not like this.

No Alexander, please.

My heart races once again, and I start regretting that day. I forget all about the assignment and just the fact that- the kiss happened.

It seems as though Angelo wants to say something but the door opens once again before he can. And this time, relief washes over me as I see who it is.

Levine.

***

The car ride home is silent. None of us dares to say anything. After Levine had checked up on me, she offered to take me home but Angelo said it wasn't necessary.

Worst case scenario.

We finally arrive home and I receive a text. I take my phone out of my pocket, and see it's from Levine.

-You got this sis.
If you need any help, just send me a random letter ;)

A small smile makes its way on my face- grateful for the kind of friend I had. The car door opens on my side before I know it. I get out and send a quick text back to Levine.

I walk towards the front door, taking out my keys as I unlock it. Once I'm in, I let Angelo in as well and close the door.

It seems as though my Dad and nana aren't here still. The vacation must be nice.

It was currently around 4pm and I just needed needed some water. I remove my bag from my shoulders and place it on the couch. More like dropping it.

I make my way to the kitchen and take out a glass to pour some water for him and while I'm at it, I take out a bottle for myself. "Here's a cold glass of wa-"

"Who's is this?" I turn around and my eyes drop to a.. white t-shirt in Angelo's hand.

That was...

think, think, think.

...the shirt that Alexander had left.

Shit.