28| the victim

Serine

***

"Oh my God I promise I am going to kill you." I glare at the person who's next to me. "I haven't even done anything," they say and I give the 'really now' look.

"You have been doing everything I told you not to. "

"Correction my dear," he starts off. "you never told me- you just said what you said but you never specifically forbid  me from doing anything." I squint my eyes at him. "Fuck." I shut my eyes in pure annoyance. "Alexander you are so damn annoying." I growl.

"I never asked for you to come, you offered and because of your persistence, that was beyond me, I agreed. And you come earlier than you were even supposed to." I say. "I just wanted to see you." I hum in response and  fix my hair as I check myself in the mirrors reflection. I was dressed in a simple baggy jeans and a black cami top  and I obviously paired the  fit with sneakers and a denim jacket. "I swear you manage to fit in everything."  he says popping at the back of me and I glance at him through the mirror. I crack a small smile, "Is that a compliment?"

"Dear if he shoe fits,"

"Oh my- don't call me dear. It makes me feel old." he opened his mouth and I already know what he wanted to say but I manage to beat him to it. "and not princess either. I don't feel comfortable being called that." I lower my voice as I say that.

"W-"

My phone vibrates. Thank God and all the angels. I pick up my phone and saw it was Levine.

Oh my fucking-

"Hey,"

"Uh yeah bishelle, where are you?"

"Uhm, sure dude, I'm doing fine and thank you for asking."

"Who is it?" I hear another voice from behind, I jumped because of the vibrating feeling on my neck. "What the fuck!" I hiss. I look back and see Alexander in the same spot I was in and rapidly moved from.  "Something wrong?"

"No, nothing. Everything's perfect."

"You honestly wish I didn't know you so well at this moment because when  somebody says, 'everything's perfect' it means the exact opposite." 

How the fuck and why the fuck did she know me so well!

Ugh.

"You got me." I sigh. "As if I didn't know ya girl. Anyways, are you still getting ready?"

"Sorta," I crack out with a straight face. "I woke up late so you guys can go on without me.

"We're already outside." I gulp. "Huh?" I say making my way towards the window just to see if she was serious. I spotted her Charcoal colored ..N.. car and we made eye contact. My eyes widen and I knew running wouldn't be an option because she had already seen me.  "Okay fine, I'll be right there." I hang up and turn around to Alexander who was sitting on my bed.

"Levine. She's outside." My eyes widen. "And she most probably saw your bike." My hands were on my head and right then and there, I had just given up.

"Why is it such a big deal?" I stare at him absolutely baffled. "Did you hear anything I said earlier?"

I sigh in disbelief. I had wanted us to be low-key and not show anything until I felt ready. But Alexander didn't care. He was open to anything and he didn't want to force me into anything- although he wanted to shout it out for every body to know.

"Look, I know that you didn't want anybody to know but you know exactly how I feel and I want everybody to know that you're my girl and either way, I'll support you but they'll most probably pick it up." Did he just read my mind?

"No I didn't-  it's  just simply inevitable." But at the end of the day, he was right.

Keeping it on a low profile would not really work because at the end of the day, Levine knew. The gurl was way too smart.

I found myself drinking one of my dad's protein shakes for breakfast. I didn't have a massive appetite but I knew later I'd be starving.

"Okay I'm ready," I announce grabbing my backpack.  I made my way to the foyer where Xander was at- wait Xander?

Oh God.

Jeez.

Talk about cringe.

I erase that nickname as soon as I approach him at the foyer. "Did I tell you, you look great?" he says, staring down at me before gently bringing me close to his body. " Mm, sorta. But you have got to be kidding because I'm just in a simply baggy jeans, a top and sneakers."

"It doesn't change the fact of you looking absolutely amazing." I chuckle and signal him to open the door. The cool breeze welcomes all the parts of my skin that are not covered and I take my first step out.

"I love the way you lie darling."

***

So low profile was definitely not in the picture anymore because Levine along with Sarah, (shockingly) came up with the idea of them going to school together with the car while I ride with Alexander on his bike.

With an excuse of,

"I would feel bad on your behalf if he came all the way here and you just let him go on his own."

Manipulator should've been  her middle name because she was so damn persuasive. Worst thing was that I was never oblivious to her manipulations, I saw them and that's what made it worse.  That's what make me glare at her every single and show her the finger.

"You're so annoying." was my lame ass answer because here we are now, on the school premises and my head is still covered with one of hid helmets.

Yes.

Everybody was going to see us.

Needing to get it over with, I remove the helmet off my face and trust me, fixing my hair, I'm nothing like those girls in the movies where everything goes in slow motion  and they still manage to look perfect.

Alex does the same-

Alex? 

Anyways, he does the same and as soon as in done fixing myself, I look in front me of and half of the school is either gawking,  jaw are dropping, green with envy, shocked or all of the above.

I notice that Sarah is out of the car now and that meant Levine was too. Another crazy thing was the guys arriving too with David. We all greet each other I walk first, ignoring the stares  and the eyes.

Must admit, it felt absolute badass to walk through the school foyer all together as one group.

Because none of us gave a damn and  that was just the cherry on top.