03| the victim of the alley

Serine

"Told that mirror what what she knows she's heard before," -Billie Eilish, idontwannabeyouanymore

***

"Hey Dad," I smiled as I got into the two story home. "Hi pumpkin," he beamed and I went ahead and pulled him into a small hug.

"Are you okay? Did you take your meds? Do you feel different?" I bombarded."I was about to," he answered.

"Ahhh, of course," I rolled my eyes before saying, "Dad come on, you have to take your pills. Who knows what will happen if you don't. I don't want to even imagine, I don't even wanna think about it. You have to start listening to me," I sighed and he chuckled at me being concerned which I didn't find funny. "Not funny Mister. Nobodies even laughing," I hated it when my dad never listened to me. He was an aged man with lupus. At this point in life he might even-- I won't even say it.

"That's because it's only you and I," he looked at me amused. "Touché," I shrugged and went inside the kitchen. My favorite, yet not my favorite place to be at home.

Bulimia.

I suffered from bulimia. The day I found out wasn't a big surprise for my family and I, since it was known that we suffered from various diseases and disorders.
God curse the witches who cursed our bloodline.

"Did you eat?" I raised my voice so my dad could hear me. "Yes."

"Liar." I muttered and decided to heat some left over Chinese for him. While it was heating, I opened the fridge scanning for the perfect juice. Satisfied with Orange juice I grabbed the Lique Fruit box and once I closed the fridge, I jumped seeing my dad. "Dad, don't scare me like that," I notified holding my hand over my chest, frightened. Pouring the juice into the glass.

"I heated some Chinese for you-- although you said you ate. Liar," I opened the microwave.

Waiting for some reaction or response from my dad, I got nothing. Turning around and placing the food on the kitchen counter and I looked at my dad worried. "What's the matter?"

"I'm sorry pumpkin," I heard him say. "Dad what?"

"I'm so sorry, I have to leave you,"

"No, no dad what are yo- what's going on?" I asked walking towards him. "Pumpkin," I heard a voice from the other side of the room. I looked back seeing my dad walking this way.. What?

Looking up to my dad who was saying goodbye to me was no longer there.

Oh no.

My hallucinations.

I began to scratch my wrist with the strong nails that I've grown. Trying to respond to my dad who was not an hallucination.

I gripped the glass as tenaciously as I could but my body went full on lupus. And no, I don't have lupus. "Y-yeah I'm coming!" I stuttered trying my best to keep my composure. Yet the glass slipped from my grasp and the sight of Orange juice being splattered on the tiled floor made me body squirm. Something about liquid being spilt always seemed to make my body shiver.

"Pumpkin? Hey what happened."

"Nothing Dad. I- I jus-clumsy me," I nervously laughed. "Your hands are shaking," he stared at my hands.

"Don't worry dad it's nothing. I'll clean this up and you eat your food okay?" I said almost shoving the food in his hands.  "You sure? I can help you clean up," he suggested which I said no to. "You have to sit down dad. Come on. I'll clean up just go eat your food. No biggie," he hesitated before leaving the kitchen and I let out a  sigh and began scooping the broken glass.