Flight

SOHIT POV

Didn't want to.

I didn't want to go there at all. Not after how she had been behaving with me and neither after the expression that she had over her face that she gave me. Like, she believed that I wouldn't come back. But I was clear on what I wanted. And that was to do nothing with Swara. I never wanted to have anything with her before and neither do I now. I just had to go for work. It was nothing else... If only I could explain it to her better.

But well, I had limited time and a lot of work to do. Yes, seeing her sad the last two days had somewhat made me sad too but I needed to do what was needed to be done.

So, I was sitting at the airport in a mask, staring at my phone, trying to contemplate if I should call her or not. Maybe, I'd drop a text or something...

And that is when the news hit me.

My flight... It had been canceled!
All flights had been canceled! There was no way in hell that I could reach Delhi anymore!!!

" I can't come," and the first person I called... Kartik. Needed to let him know! Because he was planning on some things back in Delhi and I just felt compelled to let him know.
" WHAT?!? WHY?!?"
" The fucking flight got canceled man! All flights are canceled in fact and I can't travel through car. They'll stop me at every single road. I just. Do it from here,"
" FUCK," yeah. Didn't have any other options anymore. So, I began walking back home. Or Pari's house. More like our home at that point...

Kept talking to Kartik over the call about all the details of my work that he had to do the entire road back and completely forgot one small little detail...

I only understood it when I rang the doorbell and she opened the door... Fuck. I forgot to drop her a message that I'd be coming back.

And looking at her face, it was so very clear that she had been crying. There was this look of longing over her face and the moment she saw me her eyes welled up and she began walking towards me.
Fuck.

I had to stop her in the middle by putting a hand between us because, I didn't want to risk her getting infected in that condition!
" I'm not sanitized! Wait!" Yeah, she stopped in a second with wide eyes and shock in her eyes. But soon enough, her eyes melted and she was just looking at me with sadness.
" H-how?" God her voice. It was so hoarse... Like she had been wailing loudly for hours. And she was even stuttering! You know what?! It's a good thing that the flight got canceled... Otherwise how would I have known that she was so miserable just thinking that I was gone for good?!

" All flights got canceled..." was the only thing I could say before I got into the nearest washroom that was almost right by the main door and got the mask, shield and gloves off my body. Then, I washed my hands properly, got her to give me an extra pair of clothes and took a shower before I finally got out once again.

And then, I did it.
Plus, I knew that she was just waiting too... Because no matter if she was watching something on the TV, all her attention was still at the washroom door. I understood that the moment I got out because she had already gotten off the sofa and was skipping towards me.

I hugged her. Gave her a very tight hug and I just knew that she loved it.
" You cried this much, baby?"
" Hmm..." she snorted hard and wiped her tears on my shirt before picking her head up and looking at me directly
" Pregnancy hormones," and to think. She even blamed her farts on the pregnancy! Plus, it wasn't like I was going to believe any of that bullshit. But still, I smiled at her small little lie and kissed her forehead
" You were miserable,"
" Don't leave me!" And then, she clung onto me like a small baby. Didn't let go of me at all. Not even when I got a work call. She just kept holding my other hand as I spoke and sat right next to me.
" I'm not leaving you or going anywhere. Get that thought out of your head. You're stuck with me. Forever," all she did was snort again and hide her face in my chest but well, that little thing too made me chuckle. And now, I was really thinking that it was a good thing that the flights were canceled. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't get to see that cartoon again. What if she got the virus? Or, what if the flights got canceled when I had to come back and I got stuck there, without her? No. That would just be too heartbreakingly boring at this point. I'm used to living with this loud, crazy girl who believes she knows everything and is the boss of everything. Now that she has happened to me, I don't think that I can live for any longer than a day without bickering with her cute little face. And those... Yeah. She's just, too hard to forget now.

And well. As I said before, she was stuck to me the entire day after that.
" You're being clingy now,"
" No! It's not me! The baby wants to be near you," yeah. Right. I could see that it was her. But what could I do? Just sighed, shook my head and continued trying to work with her holding my hand like a small baby.

But well, that changed. When she got a call and suspiciously, she got up and walked away from me. She never did that! Her calls were generally on speaker no matter if I was working or not! Not this one though. She hid the caller ID and then, slid out of the room like a snake and I just fucking needed to know which guy she had told that I was gone and her house was free!