Best gift ever!

PARI POV

I was honestly annoyed when he threw my red dress over my face. I was super annoyed and angry at him when he shoved me in my bathroom and asked me to get ready. So, I decided that I wouldn't be getting ready. I just did time pass on my phone for half an hour before I decided that I was bored enough to go out. 

Slowly, after I opened my room's door the first thing I saw was finding Sohit rummaging through the entire house. He was picking up my clothes from the floor, putting books on the shelves, and just, working so hard to clean the entire place. He was putting so much effort into making our first date be special even if we weren't going somewhere outside... 

I felt bad for having done nothing, so I sighed and got back inside, this time with the complete intention of really getting ready. I guess it had been 1 month since I shaved and washed my hair so... I took a bath and shaved my hands, legs, every place, even there only for him. Yeah... I don't think I should have written that. Anyways, I blow-dried my hair, combed them out, and then, I even curled them just because I thought that it would look good with my dress. And then, I put up makeup. Heavy makeup with a gorgeous no-makeup look but damn that eyeliner looked lit! I also put on matching red boots to go with the dress and in the end, it did feel like I was going out. God... How long had it been since I really got ready not just for the sake of it like that? Maybe years. In the past few years, I never really got ready because I myself wanted to look pretty. Rather, I would get ready because it was the company's policy. Otherwise, I rocked my bare face! But after seeing him work so hard just to clean my house for a date... I wanted to look pretty too.

So, I dolled up, looked gorgeous, and got outside only to find my house completely glowing with candles and my boyfriend complimenting me on how pretty I was looking. He even put up candles all around the dining table... Aww... 

I was so touched at that moment. And it was a sweet date too. 

He didn't make the food but he had ordered my favorite food that too from my favorite restaurant. I don't know how he found that out, maybe he asked one of my friends? Yeah. Maybe. But that aside, and keeping my annoyance from the entire day aside, I had a fun night where we both really got to talk about each other and our experiences in life. He told me how he had always wanted to be a big man how he left his family back just to go to college in Delhi and how much he had to go through back there. He told me about his friends, Kartik, Mayank, and Ved and he told me how they had all helped him achieve everything that he owned now. Ved was a doctor now and although he wasn't in the company, his contribution money wise was much more than anyone else's contribution. Kartik was one name that I had heard a lot. Sohit always took his name and according to him, Kartik was the other IITian who was the co-owner of the company. And well, Mayank did an MBA after his course ended so now, he took care of the marketing and money according to Sohit but through his talks about those 3 guys, I could guess very well that they were really close. 

And then, I told him about myself. Not those sad old things from my childhood. I told him about my college and my friends from school. Although, I wasn't really close with any of them at that point during my college years when I stayed in a hostel was the best time of my life. It might have been hard because I didn't have a natural inclination towards designing but I passed and got a well paying job. 

" Although, it wasn't an issue when they fired me because I was already thinking of resigning,"
" Why?" 
" I just didn't want to continue doing something that I wasn't fond of. In fact, I got myself got enrolled in an online Harvard writing course... It starts in about 3 weeks now... Approx," 
" You really want to get back into writing. Don't you?" I smiled at him and held his hand from across the table  
" Yes. Even if I don't be successful, at least I'd be doing something I enjoy doing," he smiled back at me after I told him that and although I didn't expect him to say or do anything, I liked it when he told me that he would support me through it... 

I don't know what to say now. It was a very slow and although not sexy, pretty comfortable night. I got to know more about him in that one night than I had in 2 weeks and he even openly told me everything. 

And by the end of, when we were done eating and were just going to chill on the sofa, drink, and watch something on Netflix, he told me that he had a surprise for me. 

" What surprise?" 
" One minute," this time, he took out my laptop and put something up 
" Tell me if this is the lost draft or not,"
" Huh?" and then, he kept my lappy over my lap this time with a story draft open on a word document in it and that made my heart stop beating. He couldn't have... 

BUT IT WAS THERE! 

My... My years of suffering and emotions all weaved into a beautiful book that had been lost years ago was right in front of my eyes and that one small thing made my eyes give up their strength of remaining tearless. I got so overwhelmed with emotions as I went through the first chapter... The first thing I did was hug him tightly and cry to him. 

" I LOVE YOU so so SO MUCH! SOHIT!!! I can't believe that you would do that!" 
" Of course, I would do that. I love you too... And I want the both of us to be successful in our careers,"