Decided

PARI POV

" I'm sorry," he was crying. Once again. 

I had seen him cry after he talked to his father that night and then, I had seen him cry a lot that morning when he hugged me but now, he was holding my cheeks and letting the waterworks out and I just felt so very bad for him... It wasn't his fault, really. It was mine. If I wouldn't have called that woman in anger and lied to her, maybe he wouldn't have seen that day... And just thinking about that made me feel so very guilty that I began crying along with him too. 

My ex had already left after having lunch. Sohit was talking to someone at that time so, I didn't disturb him but, it was just the two of us now at home and I was starting to get even more scared. What if... He'd do it again? How was I supposed to stop him then? Fear was settling in my heart as he cried further to me... Just seeing him break down in front of me made me sad and scared. 

I remembered the first day we met...
He seemed so very strong, macho, and bold, and now... In comparison to that man, my boyfriend seemed so weak and it was breaking my heart. It didn't matter how long I had known him or how much I trusted him. At that moment, I just knew that he needed me and there was no way in hell that I would leave him, at all. 

" I won't do it again. I promise... Pari, I love you re," I kissed him for saying that. Held his hands strongly, pulled him closer to me, and kissed him as I tasted the salty tears left over his face. But it didn't matter. I mean, to be honest, I have tasted my own salty tears a few times too so, it doesn't matter at all. What mattered more was that he was still there with me, in my arms. 

And I'll be honest, I wouldn't have let him go if my phone hadn't begun ringing in the middle. 

It was irritating. I was having a good bonding moment with him for once and there came the call that disturbed the both of us. Plus it was a random number too! I fucking didn't know who wanted to disturb us. It was annoying honestly and I really just wanted to ignore the call but that person called once again after I cut that call. Talk about persistence to disturb us! 

" Your phone is ringing," and then, he just had to sniff his tears up and go back to being that solid, silent rock idiot man.
" It... It's ok. I'll just-"
" That person called three times. Must be something important. Just pick it..." 
" It might be for you... It's a random number..." and there went our back and forth. Obviously, none of us wanted to pick it up! Still, we were debating over who would pick it up, and in the end, he just declared 
" Just put it on speaker then," and that is how it was decided. 

But honestly, I shouldn't have picked it up at all. Because the moment I picked it up, I was showered with curses. LITERALLY!? IN THAT SITUATION!? Was that the best that could happen?! 

" YOU BITCH! What's your issue slowpoke! Couldn't you have picked up the call earlier!?" yeah. It was definitely who I thought it was and hoped it was not. Because even Sohit was looking at the phone with wide, shocked eyes, just like me. SERIOUSLY!!? AT THAT TIME!? 
" Anyways! I just wanted to tell you that you finally did it! You ruined my Sohit's life!" and now, we were staring at each other in disbelief. WE DIDN'T NEED HER COMMENTARY TO KNOW THAT! THAT BITCH!
" He lost his job! So, if you have any kind of respect... You will break up with him, get an abortion and FUCK OUT OF HIS LIFE!" I cut the call the moment she completed saying that. I didn't need her to tell me all that because I knew that it was the truth. If I did go out of his life, he would definitely get his job back. It was a given in the situation because no matter how much he lied to me, I knew that he got into trouble because of me. 

You know what?! Fuck me. Yes! I'm a fucking bad luck here!
My mother never loved me. I lost the one thing I loved over a stupid fight. Lost my first boyfriend and had to do something in life that I didn't even like one bit. And when everything finally seemed to be getting back on track, I just went ahead and ruined his life. 

" No," so, I just sighed when he said that and pulled my hand toward him 
" She told the-"
" NO! I quit! They didn't fire me and I... I have a plan B! You can't be thinking of it! At all! I already lost my job! Don't make me lose you two too!" I sighed again. Well. I had been sighing a lot but what else could I even do!? I didn't want to break up with him but I didn't also want to see him like that... 
" Sohit-"
" NO," he just pulled me into an awkward hug as he tightly wrapped his hands around me, behaving as if I was his property... And then, he picked up my phone and called her. AGAIN. Like. CAN WE FUCKING GET OVER THE FACT THAT HIS INVESTOR'S DAUGHTER HAS A THING FOR HIM!? IT MAKES ME INSECURE! And it irritates me to hear her shrieky, idiotic voice. Like she's some bratty kid! Actually, she is. So am I. But I never got my crush fired because he didn't love me back... So. I think I'm the better one here... 

" FUCK OFF!" and now he began cursing at her. I swear I had to hold him back just to stop
" No. Sohit... Calm down. Please-"
" NO! SHE NEEDS TO STAY AWAY! FROM ME! YOU AND US! I LOST MY FUCKING JOB BECAUSE OF YOU! YOU IDIOT! DON'T EVER TRY TO CALL BACK PARI OR I SWEAR THAT I WILL REPORT YOU!" don't know how that would work with the whole, lockdown situation... But, meh. He was standing up for me so, I let him curse at him before forcefully cutting the call and just, going back to hug him again. 

" I won't leave you. Ok? So, you stop shouting like this and calm down... Please. Eat something," I didn't want to admit to it but, I was worried. About the food that I worked 3 hours on... If he threw my food na!!! I don't know what I would feed him! And if he fell unconscious because he hadn't eaten... God. I just didn't want him to fall ill or have to go to the hospital! It really wasn't all that great outside!

Oh. And his phone... I guess we needed to do something about that too...