Misunderstanding

SOHIT POV

I heard what she told Appa from outside and I heard how Appa replied. It's like that man could listen to anyone and everyone's word except mine!

" Sohi..." and yes I was hurt. I was hurt because Appa finds fighting with me more important than his own life so I shut myself in a room, thinking of all those mistakes I made and then I saw her holding my chin in her hand and sitting right next to me. I didn't know but I just felt the need to tell her. So, I opened my mouth and let the tears come out.

" We weren't like this before. Me and Appa. In fact, Appa was my best friend. He supported me in everything, he let me learn JAVA, J++ and every other thing that I asked even if he wasn't that rich. And then, I got accepted in IIT Delhi. He didn't want to let go off me and I felt like he wanted to keep me back by emotionally blackmailing me... One fine night, I just took my things and ran out of that place. I seriously ran away from my own house because I thought that Appa would never let me go to IIT,"
" Sohi..." I sniffed up my tears and sighed as I hung my head low. I'm ashamed of my actions now. I'm ashamed that I didn't have that trust in Appa and I'm ashamed that I couldn't be the best son that he could have. He was the best Appa...
" But it doesn't end there... 3 months after I ran away, Appa got a heart attack and I wasn't even able to come back in time for his surgery because of the air prices. Ever since I came there though... Appa declared that he didn't want to see me and ever since then, we have had the rocky-est relationship," I felt her hands wrap around my body and I felt one of her hands grab my hair as I cried softly to myself. I don't ever cry. Nor do I ever get so emotional but Appa himself called me that day and I didn't even behave well with him. I really am very ashamed of what I have been...

" Misunderstandings can ruin the best of relationships... Sohi, have you ever tried saying Sorry?"
" It's not a simple thing that can be fixed with a simple sorry. Pari!"
" Does it hurt you to say it then? It doesn't. Does it hurt to try to get back with your father? It doesn't. Why don't you just try once?"
I didn't listen to her. At least not till she had gone asleep in the night and I sneaked out of the room and walked into the one balcony that she had in her house.

It took me hours but I finally managed to dial his phone...
" Hello?" And he sounded annoyed. Maybe it was the fact that he had to pick up a call after screen hours at home are over. But I just had to try...
" Appa," so, I spoke up in my timid, shaky and still sad voice, " I... I'm sorry Appa. For everything. It was all my fault. I'm the idiot. Rascal me. I'm sorry," and that was all I could get out of my mouth before I burst out crying. I couldn't even stop the tears any longer as I cried over the phone, grabbed the balcony's railing and closed my eyes. That was the lowest that I had ever felt in my life and if it weren't for Pari, I don't know what I would have done till then...

" Sohit," and his voice was breaking too
" I'm sorry Appa. You are the best. I love you Appa," all I heard from the other side was sigh as I pursed my lips and just stood in my place. Maybe it wasn't the best thing to do after all.

" I'm proud of you and everything that you have achieved Sohit," but it was worth it in the end. My pride had never let me apologize to him before that but now I did and heard him say that, I felt much better than I had in all these 9 years that we didn't talk to each other.
" I'm sorry Appa,"
" Me too..."

" Happy?" After that heart to heart talk I had with Appa just moments ago, the first thing that I saw was my girlfriend standing behind me in a nightgown with a smile over her face and as I sighed, I felt her hug me and kiss me
" Don't worry. I'll get your phone fixed tomorrow... I know just the place,"