Sad

PARI POV

He wanted to leave.

Like, leave me. All alone. In this condition and go back to Delhi.

I didn't understand it when he said that he had to give his responsibilities to someone. Nor did I understand when he said about signing something. All I knew was that if he left, I'd be left alone and that scared me. What if he never came back? I could imagine getting the news of him being reinstalled as the CEO of Juggle, getting engaged to that Swara girl and just kicking me out of his life for good. Did he also believe that it was all my fault and just didn't want to say it?

I just. I didn't know what to do.
I wanted to stop him and keep him back but, he said that he really needed to go. I tried talking him out of it but... In the end, just 41 into my house, he had already booked tickets.
I hadn't talked properly to him for a few days now. Had been mild and just been numb. Especially clingy. And I'd say that it was all the pregnancy's fault that I wouldn't leave him alone but, I was just scared. What if... I just didn't want to think that again. So, I sighed.

His bags were packed and he was determined to leave. Said that he was leaving just for a week... So, didn't pack all his clothes. Well, I was thankful. At least that way, if he did leave me there, I'd have something to remember him by...

" You have to?" Still, I tried one last time before he left. There was a mask over his lips and nose, a face shield covering his face and gloves covering his hands... He really was ready to go. Even bought himself a new phone! I was so sure that he wouldn't be coming back from that door after he left that day...

" I'll come back soon, Pari. Trust me," guess that was the only thing I could do. Trust that he would not leave me like that there. But, even if he were to leave that day, I'd understand it. I mean, his work was his life. I just, didn't know how I would raise his kid all alone though.
" Hmm... Be safe," and he was gone. Out of that door...

God. I got flashbacks from when he had first arrived there... I remembered him spilling champagne over my shirt and shouting in a fun way... As he left, it really left me in tears. Especially when he didn't look back once...

I felt so very sad that he had left. It hadn't even been 45 days... We had a deal, or so I thought back then... Now? I was just left alone with a stupid hope that he'd return. Otherwise... I'd just be a sore, idiot mother who didn't have any income!

And just when bad thoughts had engulfed me, my phone rang. I didn't want to pick it up because of the caller ID but, I wanted to talk to someone... Anyone. That was the only reason I picked it up.

" Hello?"
" Pari! Pranav has been drilling me over some dance video. Just send him one na! You dance so well-"
" Mumma. I can't," and I guess she understood from my tone that something was up.
" What happened?" Because she asked me that and I just, burst out crying
" I'm pregnant,"
" Wh-what?!"
" And... Sohit, just left,"
" WHAT?! No. What happened?! You explain the situation to me right now! How can he leave like that?!" She screamed over the call as I sobbed softly. And then, I just had to explain it all...
" One of his investors daughters liked him,"
" SO?! He... He can't leave you like this for something like that!!!! Let me call his mother. You wait. I'm going to-"
" N-no! He didn't leave because she liked him. He had to leave because... She got him fired,"
" WHAT?!" Yeah. My mom almost had a heartattack that day as I explained her stuff
" FIRED?! HE'S FIRED?! FROM HIS OWN COMPANY!? HOW?!"
" I... I posted a story of us and tagged him on Insta and she saw it and began harassing me so, I called her and told her to stay away from him and... She complained to her father... And he fired Sohit and Sohit didn't have any other option! He told me that he'll come back in a week but. I don't know mumma. I'm freaking out. What do I do?" Possibly the first time I ever asked my mother for any kind of help or opinion or anything. And possibly the millionth time I had cried while talking to her... I don't know why I trusted her with all that but, I just did and after I was done explaining things to her, she just stayed silent for the longest time...

" Pari..." I guess I could have filled a bucket with my tears of those 2 days alone. Pch. What a waste of water...
" Don't worry beta. It'll be fine. He has said na. He'll come back. Don't worry about that at all," in all my life, I had either feared her or showered her with my anger but at that moment, her words were comforting.

Didn't say much more than that. Just tried to reassure that nothing would happen and it would all be fine and then cut the call when she heard my dad ask her something. I think that she didn't want to tell him or let him know and well, I didn't either.

" KIRTI! WHERE IS THE REMOTE!??!?"
" Arre! Pari... I'll call you back in some time ok? You... You don't worry about anything. I'll talk to his mother later too! Ok?! Just take care of yourself now," and when she finally kept the call, I was once again left alone in my bad thoughts.

Switched on the TV and Kapil Sharma was going on... Sigh. It didn't make me laugh though. So, I turned to open my phone only to find a ton of notifications from friends and relatives alike. Sigh. Never responded to read them... I just, left it and threw my phone a little away from me, on the sofa.

And it was then.
When I was feeling the lowest and was trying to laugh on Kapil's jokes, the bell rang...

Who could that be?