I got so used to seeing her sad and dull that I completely forgot what it was like to see her glowing.

"Hey, Dev" I leaned over and hugged her then proceeded to open my locker. Vinnie stood right behind me as I was messing around in my locker and talking to Devin.

"Hi Shay, I missed you. We really need to sit down and check up" The school let Devin take 2 mental health weeks off of school after finding out everything with Brad.

She still had to do schoolwork, she was just able to do it at home.

"I know right? How about we sit together at lunch and talk?"

"That sounds great! See you then" She hugged me again and then went straight to her first class. It was so nice to see her getting better.

She was Brad free and now she could finally sit down and focus on herself.

I finished grabbing my book from my locker and then slammed it shut, putting my focus on Vinnie who was standing right beside me still.

"You need to go to class," I said giving him the mom's face which always made him laugh.

"I know, I just don't feel like it" He grabbed my waist with one hand and pulled me in.

"You have to" He rolled his eyes and then leaned in to kiss me.

"You're lucky I enjoy you keeping me on track. Two months ago I would have skipped class if I wanted to"

"I want you to graduate so no skipping classes" He leaned his face very closer to my ear.

He whispered "Okay mommy" then walked away, looking behind his shoulder to wink at me. I giggled and then started walking to my first class. He was so weird at times but it was cute.

The first half of the day always goes by slowly but once lunch comes around it goes by a lot quicker.

After my first 3 classes, I took my stuff to my locker and headed to lunch. Devin was already sitting at a table so I went over and sat next to her.

I didn't feel like grabbing lunch so I just had a snack that was in my backpack from earlier this morning.

"So how is the whole thing with Brad going?" Brad was in custody with the police until his parents showed up but he still had to go to court.

Most likely because of his age all, they will do is put him in community service.

"Well my parents found a good lawyer and we have to go talk to them soon so I can tell them the whole situation so they know what to do. Then we will set a court date and the court will begin"

"Oh, thats good! I am so happy for you"

"Thanks, Shay" Right after I said that Jessica came and sat down next to me.

"Hi, Shay! How are you?" She was always so bright and bubbly.

She always had a smile on her face and she always dressed so cutely. She truly was blonde to my brunette. If you know, you know.

"Hey Jess, I am good" I completely forgot, that this whole time I haven't introduced Devin and Jessica.

"Devin, this is my friend Jessica. Jessica, this is Devin" They both shook hands and I could tell that Jessica was going to do the same thing she did with me and except Devin with open arms.

She started asking Devin the same questions she asked me when we first met.

I was listening to their conversation when I looked over and saw Vinnie staring at me.