~Chapter 15~

Shaylynn's pov:

I woke up after Vinnie as usual. I grabbed my phone and looked at my Instagram for a little, then I checked my text messages to see if anyone texted me.

I was hoping Devin texted me. I'm worried about her. She usually texts me at least twice a day and now I'm getting nothing from her.

I decided I would swing by her place to see how she was today. I got out of bed and grabbed a pair of clothes so I could take a shower and get ready for the day.

Once I got out of the shower I brushed my hair and put it into two braids.

I did my skincare and added a little bit of mascara. Once I was done getting ready. I put my dirty clothes on the bed and walked out of my bedroom.

I went to the kitchen to grab seltzer water and then I found Vinnie sitting on the balcony. I went out to the balcony and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Morning love" He lifted his head up and kissed my cheek softly.

"Hi" I held on to his neck for a few minutes longer inhaling his scent and taking in his warmness.

"I'm going to go see Dev today okay?" I let go of his arms and he got up from where he was sitting. He faced me.

"You need a ride or anything?"

"Nope, I will swing by my house and grab my mom's car. I should probably have it anyway. I will grab food on the way home."

"Okay,"  He pulled me in for a hug and kissed the top of my head. He let go slowly. I kissed his cheek and then headed out the door.

The walk to my house took me at least 30 minutes. It was okay though I probably needed the exercise. I finally reached my street.

I waved at a few people here and there before finally reaching my house. I walked up the steps and grabbed my keys out of my bag.

I unlocked the door and peeked my head in just to grab my mom's keys from the key holder on the wall. I caught a glance at how empty the house was.

It was honestly really sad. I haven't seen it that empty since the day after my dad left. I didn't want to get upset so I just continued what I was originally doing.

I locked the door again and headed toward my mom's car. I got in and headed toward Dev's house.

Devin lived 5 minutes from my house so the drive wasn't long at all. Once I reached her house I checked my phone and saw Vinnie texted me.

Vinnie: Hey, everything okay?

Me: Yep just got to Devs

Vinnie: Good

I put my phone in my bag and headed up to Devins's front door. Usually, I would just walk in but I and Devin are usually a lot closer than we are right now so I'm going to stick to knocking.

I knocked and Devin's mom came to the door.

"Hi sweetie how are you?" Devin's mom was one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met me. She is like a second mom. Just hearing from her or talking to her has always made my day.

"Hey, Mrs. Snow. Is Devin here?"

"Yep, she is up in her bedroom." She opened the door wide so I could walk in.

"Thanks" I walked in and walked up to Devin's room. I knocked and then opened the door to find Devin laying on her bed.

"Hey Dev" I put my bag down and sat next to her.

"What's going on? You haven't talked to me in days"

"Whatever Shay" She seemed off. She was just sitting there with her head on her phone. Usually, she would be asking me to go do stuff.

"What do you mean whatever"

"Just whatever"

"What happened to you?"

"Shay just go. I will see you at school tomorrow"

"I don't know what's going on with you but in all honesty, you're being a bitch. Im trying to help you and check in on you but you're being like this. Forget it. I won't try helping anymore"

She looked up from her phone and she had this look I have never seen before. It wasn't like she was sorry but she was shocked at what just happened.

My best friend of 11 years is pushing me away. She won't talk to me and doesn't want me around. All I can think about is what I did or what I can do to make it better with her. I got up from her bed, grabbed my stuff, and started to walk downstairs toward the front door.

"Leaving so soon honey?" Devin's mom gets up from their couch and walks over to me.

"Yeah I just had to drop something off to Dev"

"Wait a minute I have something for you" She smiled and walked to the kitchen. A few minutes later she came back with a container of homemade brownies. Mine and Devin's favorite.

Devin and I used to come home after school every day and eat a brownie with a glass of milk.

"Thank you so much" I leaned in and kissed her cheek.

"Please come by more often I feel like I never see you anymore Shay"

"Yeah, I know. I will come back again soon, I promise"

"Okay, sweetie" I walked out the door and headed to my car. I wanted to leave Devin's house less stressed and now I'm more stressed than before.

I decided I needed coffee. I called Vinnie to see if he wanted anything and what he wanted to eat. I had a strong feeling he was hungry and he was waiting for me to eat before he did.

"Hey love"

"Hi, Baby. So I am going to stop and get coffee do you want anything? Oh, and what do you want to eat?"

He laughed and I was kinda confused why.

"What's so funny?" He was most likely laughing at the fact that I called him something other than "Vin" or "Vinnie".

"Nothing Nothing. Um just get me an iced coffee and I will order Pizza if you want" I don't think I'm going to get over him laughing but whatever.

"Sounds good to me"

"Shaylynn"

"Hmm"

"I love you" I don't remember if this was the first time he said I love you but it felt like it.

"I love you Vinnie" He hung up and I started driving to our local Starbucks so I could get our coffee. That first sip of coffee did it for me today.

I really love coffee. It's a bad problem I have. More like I should say addiction.

Once I get home I set the coffee on the counter. Suddenly I was lifted off the ground.

He lifted me over his shoulder and he took me to our bedroom. He threw me on the bed and laid on top of me. He buried his head in my neck as I played with his hair.

"I missed you" He mumbled.

"I missed you too. Come on I'm hungry"

He rolled off of me. I got up and ran to the kitchen for the pizza.
---------------
HI, GUYS SORRY FOR THE WAIT ON THIS CHAPTER I HAVE HAD EXTREME WRITERS BLOCK. I AM BACK THOUGH AND I WILL BE POSTING AGAIN TOMORROW :)

THIS ONE WAS KINDA SHORT SO IM SORRY FOR THAT. I HONESTLY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO ADD TO THIS SO I JUST WROTE IT THE BEST I COULD.

HAVE A GREAT REST OF YOUR DAY AND REMEMBER TO EAT AND DRINK

(*Edited*)            Word count: 1285