~Chapter 17~

Shaylynn's pov:

"The next novel study we will be doing is The Crossover. It's a novel written with poems. We will be going into depth of what each poem means and how the narrative arc is playing into this story" My ELA teacher went on for the next 45 minutes talking about stuff I already knew.

The problem I had most with the school was my brain was farther ahead than what they were teaching me.

Finally, ELA was over. I walked to my locker to grab my books for my next couple of classes. I grabbed my biology book and my calculus book.

Vinnie was standing by his locker so I went over and rested my head against his chest.

"My legs are sore" I whined to him. He put his hand on my head and rubbed softly. He kissed the top of my head before I started walking to biology. 

Biology and calculus went by pretty quickly. I took my books back to my locker and ran into Jessica.

"Hey girl!" Jessica's vibe is amazing. She is one of those people that I feel like I have known my whole life even though I have only known her one day.

"Hey Jessie" She grabbed my arm and started walking next to me.

"We should have lunch together" Jessie suggested

"Yes we should" I agreed and we walked to the lunchroom for lunch. Jessie grabbed a salad. I pulled out my naked shake.

"If you don't mind I would love to know more about you. I feel like I have told you so much but you haven't really given me much"

It was true. I feel like all she did was listen to me talk but not once did she talk about herself. I wanted to know her more.

"I don't mind at all. Well, I moved here about a month ago and it's been kinda hard. Making friends and stuff like that. I live with my mom and stepdad. My dad works in Africa so I never see him. There is not much left to share"

She laughed a little and took another bite of her salad. I could tell it was hard for her to share that kind of information.

"I'm sorry about all of that. If you ever need to talk about stuff that has to do with your family, I will listen."

"Thanks, Shay. I appreciate it"

We both finished our lunch and headed to our next classes.

Jessie and I planned to go to the movies Friday night to go see the new spiderman movie, just the two of us.

I was excited about that because I loved spending time with Vinnie but it was still good for me to get out of the house.

After the seventh period, I walked into the parking lot. Vinnie was leaning up against the hood of his car watching me as I got closer and closer to his car.  I looked at the ground as I got closer trying to avoid eye contact with him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, he pulled me in closer to him as he put his head deeper into my neck. His hugs comfort me more than anything else does.

"Ready to go?" I felt his voice up against my neck. I pulled away from him and looked at him.

"Where are we going?"

He gained a large smirk. "It's a surprise"

We got in the car and he started driving the opposite way of the apartment. After a few minutes, we pulled into a shopping plaza. We parked outside of this shop that was called "Tactics".

We got out of the car and walked into the shop. When we walked in there were skateboards all over the walls. Each one had a unique design and different color wheels.