~Chapter 7~

Shaylynn's pov:

I woke up before my alarm went off. I stared at the ceiling for a little bit before deciding to get up and go for a morning run. I got my running shoes on and took a long run.

It was really nice out and the sun was just rising. Once my fit bit watch started vibrating at 1 mile so I knew it was time to get home.

I approach my house and got the mail. I'm walking up to the door shuffling through the mail. I see a letter that stood out to me.

"Mandala medical center"

I looked in confusion and decided to ignore it. I walked in the door and saw my mom making a smoothie. This made me even more confused. Why was my mother making a smoothie? Why is she taking care of me all of a sudden?

"Good morning honey"

"Hey, Mom..."

"Can we talk when you get home from school I really need to talk to you about something?"

"Yeah sure of course mom"

I ran up to my bedroom, laid out clothes, and hopped in the shower. I got out of the shower got dressed and put my hair in two braids. My fit was kinda basic. Jeans and a t-shirt.

After I finished getting ready I ran downstairs.

"I made you a smoothie Shay" I stopped and looked back. It took me a few minutes to realize what my mother just said,

"Thanks, mom"

I grabbed my keys and my backpack and walked out the door. Devin was already in my driveway waiting for me.

"Morning"

"You sound upset. Are you good?" I hated it when Devin asked me if I was "good". She should know she is my best friend for a reason.

"It's complicated, I will tell you later"

"Got it" She turned up the music and zoomed in the rest of the way to school. As usual when we showed up I waited for Devin to come up to my side of the car before we walked up to the school doors together.

I said goodbye to Devin before heading to the first period. The first period was Biology, it was so boring. The second period was English which was alright I guess. Although I loved Romeo and Juliet, I hated Ms. Quilts' lectures. After the first period, the rest started to fly by. On my way to the 5th period, I see a large crowd of people standing in front of some lockers. I started to walk up and I realized who was in the middle of the crowd.

VINNIES PERSPECTIVE:

I woke up at 4:00 to go to the gym as usual. I got my gym clothes on and grab my keys and drove to my favorite gym.

I was greeted by Damian when I walked in the door. Damaian is my bestfriend. My gym buddy. My skate buddy. All of the above. I also had Jett but Jett doesn't really like the gym as much as me and Damian.

"Wassup man" We did our handshake and went right into our favorite workout.

"So what's going on with you and Shaylynn?"

"Don't worry about it" I love Damian but I hated it when he got into my life. Damian loved playing with girls at our school and having a new one every week.

"Jeez man sorry"

After our workout, I took a shower in the gym showers and got ready for school in the Public bathrooms. I did this because I hated being at home alone. Aunt Jill never took care of me so I moved out and lived on my own. It was hard living alone because you never had any company.

After getting ready I headed to school.

I walked in the doors and walked towards my locker to grab my science book. As I was messing around with some other stuff in my locker, I felt someone's presence next to me.

"Wassup Vincent" I tilted my head slightly to the left and there he was. Brad the asshole jock that I beat the shit out of. I was in no mood to deal with him today.

"Don't try me today Brad. I'm not in the fucking mood."

"Oh but you're always in the mood to mess around with Shaylynn huh" I would never mess around and hurt her the way he hurt her.

"You don't know what you're talking about." The anger was building up in my body and a crowd was starting to build up around us.

"Oh so then maybe I should go ask Shaylynn myself"

"Don't fucking go near her" I got in his face and to the left of the crowd. A face stared back at me as if she wanted to cry. As if she was ashamed of me.

Shaylynn.

SHAYLYNNS PERSPECTIVE:

He told me he wasn't going to fight him anymore. I wanted to stay out of the drama. I didn't want to get caught up in boy drama and I wanted to focus on what is important. Instead, I had a whole crowd of people watching my reaction to two boys fighting over me.

I ran. I was embarrassed and I just wanted to get out of this situation. I wanted to run and never come back. I ran out into the school parking lot. I couldn't run much farther so I stopped running and walked.

"Shaylynn wait!" Tears rushed down my face as I ignored him. They weren't tears of sadness more of anger.

"Shay please come here" I stopped and turned around and looked at him.

"Please come here. Please"

I slowly walked up to him. His arms wrapped around me and he brought me closer to him. I didn't want this to happen, I didn't ask for Vinnie to come into my life and fight for me. I hated conflict.

"Can we please go somewhere and talk? Please." I couldn't be mad at someone like him.

I nodded and he wrapped his shoulder around me and we started walking away from the school building. I was mad but more embarrassed but he was helping me get out of the situation so I didn't really care where we went as long as it was away from the school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EVEN THOUGH THIS WAS A SHORT CHAPTER, A LOT HAPPENED. SO I HOPE YOU ENJOYED AND THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH BECAUSE OFFICIALLY 60 PEOPLE READ THIS BOOK!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! IT'S NOT A LOT BUT IT IS SOMETHING.

(*Edited*)          Word count: 1076