Chapter 29 👨🏻‍🏫❤👮🏼‍♀️

Raquel's point of view:

I've been in the hallway for I don't know how long and Sergio hasn't woken up yet, the doctor told me that he's still in the same state and that we have nothing to do but wait, and that we still not allowed to see him. I just want to be next to him, take his hand in mine, so he doesn't feel alone, I know he doesn't like hospitals. I don't want him waking up alone in a hospital bed. While I was in my thoughts my phone starts ringing, it's my mother...

Me: yes...

Marivi: is Sergio okay my daughter?? What happened to him?? (She said worriedly)

I start to cry.

Me: someone hit him with a knife and... no mum, he's not well at all.... and I'm very scared... very very scared he'll die, he lost a lot bloody and he still hasn't woken up, they won't even let us see him mum... (I say between tears)

Maria: oh my god!

Me: he can't leave me mom! I can't lose him!

Marivi: please sweetheart stop crying, you won't lose him, he will fight for you and the children...

Me: It's all because of me mom...

Marivi: no Raquel, stop feeling guilty, it's not because of you. Sergio won't be happy to hear that.

Me: But I would...

Marivi: there are no buts! Sergio will heal and you stop talking bullshit! Wait Paula! I speak with your mother!

Paula: but I want to talk to mom too! (she shouted)

Me: let her mom.

Paula: Mom! Why is dad in the hospital? Is he sick??

I don't know how to answer her without scaring her...

Me: yes Paula, dad is sick, very sick but he's going to get better, okay sweetie? He won't leave us... (I say trying to stop crying)

Paula: he's not going to die, is he? (She says starting to cry)

I don't know is the real answer, but that's not what I answered her.

Me: no my love, Sergio is not going to die...

Paula: can I see him? I miss him a lot, please mum!

Me: no Paula, we can't see it...

Paula: BUT I WANT TO SEE HIM NOW! (She shouted) I haven't seen him for over a week because of you, mum! (she said starting to cry loudly) please mum, let me see him for just a minute, please mum i miss him terribly!

My heart is breaking into a thousand pieces.

Me: I want to see him too sweetie...

I start crying hard too.

Me: it's the doctor who won't let us see him, I swear to you Paula that I want to see him too... I miss him a lot too.

I hear mom talking with Paula.

Paula: sorry mom, I didn't mean to be mean to you, I...

Me: I know my love, I know but you're right, I'm not...

Paula: no mom stop! You did nothing! Now we gotta stay strong for daddy, right?

Me: yes, yes, you are right.

Paula: goodbye mom, and please don't cry, I don't like it when you cry...

She is too cute.

Me: I'll try not to cry, I love you sweetheart.