Chapter 28 - Mother knows "best"

Start from the beginning

"Thank you" I turned to look at Michael "Can you wait here for me?" "Yeah of course" he smiled and kissed my temple. I smiled back and walked inside, following the lady's directions.

A doctor came out and gave me a quick greeting before I entered inside. My mother was there reading a book. Her head perked up and her expression changed. "What are you doing here?" she scoffed. "I thought you would be happy if i came to see you" she hummed in response, and laid her book open on her lap.

"I don't want you hanging out with Michael" she cleared her throat "What-" "You will do as I say. I don't want you near that boy" her eyes turned glossy and furrowed her eyebrows. "Why not? He's not a bad kid-" "He is Y/n. If you don't listen, then you will see how terrible he is" she shook her head in disappointment.

"I came here to visit you to see if you're okay-" "I don't need you to. I need you to do me a favor and stay away from him.Your mother knows what's best for you dear" she reached for a tissue and wiped the bottom of her eyes, clearing any mascara that was ruined.

"He's not bad, he's good. He treats me well than anyone else does.." my voice trailed off. I crossed my arms over my chest "Sweetie. I hate to tell you this but boys like him only want one thing. Sex. And if you really want to get yourself pregnant at such a-" "If he really wanted that don't you think he would have tried? We haven't even sealed the deal. You're really acting childish. I came here to see if you were swell and from all the smack talk it seems that you are" I scoffed

"I warned you. If anything happens to you don't think about running back to me" she glared down at me. I shook my head and left the room quickly. I blinked back tears of anger. Why even bother caring for her?

3rd person POV

M/n picked up the phone that was near her bedside table. She dialed a number and it rang for a moment before being picked up "It's all going as planned" "Perfect.."

"I do hope you are sure this will keep her away from your son" "Of course of course. Michael needs to be taught a lesson ether way."

Y/n walked down the hall towards the door, where it lead to the waiting room. She balled her fists, her anger fueling inside of her. She walked out of the hallway, Michael's head perked up as he saw his girlfriend upset. He quickly got up and walked towards her. "What's wrong?" he tilted his head caressing her cheek.

Y/n pushed his hand away "Let's talk outside..." he nodded concerned of what happened. He hoped it wasn't too bad. They walked out of the hospital and stood in the courtyard. There was a small pond in the middle, while white rose bushes surrounded the area. They sat on the edge of the pond, dipping their hands in the cold water.

"My mother says you're bad for me" she sighed, watching the koi fish swim gracefully in the water. Michael stayed silent. He knew he was a bad kid back then, but he denied it now. He knew he had changed for the better. To give Y/n a better life, so she wouldn't have to deal with his consequences. So her parents would accept him.

"I'll admit" he sighed trying to find the right words "I was a bad child.. before you came. But I've changed for the better. I promise. I don't want you to have a dumb boyfriend. You deserve better, and I want to be that better." he looked into her eyes, but she didn't make eye contact with him. "I-i don't know what to do Michael" she felt her throat tighten "I promise i'll prove to your mum i'm good" he gulped reaching for her hands. He held them tightly in his.

She turned to look at their hands and back to his eyes "I love you Michael. I really do" "I love you too Y/n. More than you'd ever know" he reached over to push a strand of hair behind her ear. He smiled slightly kissed her forehead. "Let me treat you to lunch" "That sounds nice"

They both stood up from their seating position and walked back to Michael's vehicle. Michael and a bloke both bumped into each other "My goodness i'm so- Michael?" he gazed into Michael's eyes, knowing that familiar blue hue. "Oh Mr.Smith!" "It's nice to see my favorite student" they both chuckled "My my you look just like your father" the man examined Michael.

Michael felt a stab in his heart. He despised being compared to his father. Even more know, since he figured out his father's doings. Is he even a father? No. He's just a sick and cruel man.

"I-" "We really should get going Michael, My father is getting worried" "I'll see you later Mr.Smith" Michael waved goodbye as Y/n dragged him back to his car. She sighed as soon as they reached infront of the car. Michael tighten his grip on her hand. "My god.. do I really.." his voice trailed off. He sighed in frustration digging his hands through his hair. "No Michael, you don't. You look nothing like that ugly old man. You are better than him."

Y/n reassured him. "I should dye my hair maybe-" "Michael, I love your hair, it has such a nice chocolate color, and your eyes, they look exactly like the ocean. Filled with life. Your face is perfect, even the angels themselves envy you." she cupped his face into his hands.

Michael bit his lip. He had no idea how to react or what to say. He felt soft and weak in the knees for this girl. "Come on now, we must eat" Y/n chuckled letting go of the boy's blushing face. He gulped and walked to the driver's seat. They both climbed into the car and buckled themselves up.

❦•❦